★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: When dreaming, gravity can be a bit less...restrictive. The half pipe you've found lets you go a little higher than usual, A LOT higher actually! You really want to reach the portal, so you'd better jump to incredible heights!

Reaching each portal can get tricky, you must time your jumps and position your landings correctly to reach the portal and unlock new levels. The path to each portal isn't all sun and rainbows - smash bricks and dodge bird turds on your way up into the stratosphere!

Highlights:
simple one touch skateboarding arcade game
get HUGE airtime!
collect stars, smash through bricks and bump aircrafts for more points!
time your jumps and position your landings to find the portal to unlock the next level
30 levels (additional levels added with updates)
fun soundtrack with a retro gaming feel

HoldernessMedia's comments:
Lil' Skate for iOS is out now!

for iPhone:
AppStore link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lil-skate/id469901467?ls=1&mt=8

for iPad:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lil-skate-hd/id472149393?ls=1&mt=8

Youtube link | Pop Up

When dreaming, gravity can be a bit less...restrictive. The half pipe you've found lets you go a little higher than usual, A LOT higher actually! You really want to reach the portal, so you'd better jump to incredible heights!

Reaching each portal can get tricky, you must time your jumps and position your landings correctly to reach the portal and unlock new levels. The path to each portal isn't all sun and rainbows - smash bricks and dodge bird turds on your way up into the stratosphere!

Highlights:*

• simple one touch skateboarding arcade game

• get HUGE airtime!

• collect stars, smash through bricks and bump aircrafts for more points!

• time your jumps and position your landings to find the portal to unlock the next level

• 30 levels (additional levels added with updates)

• fun soundtrack with a retro gaming feel

SCREENSHOTS:

10-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hehe, looks kinda interesting! Thanx for the vid, gonna have to put this on my "snag soon" list. =oP

10-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
hehe, looks kinda interesting! Thanx for the vid, gonna have to put this on my "snag soon" list. =oP
Thanks!
10-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
haha... VERY glad that you made it one touch control, and not touch+tilt - would get pretty frustraiting - though there are some times when you go really high and start moving towards the center of the screen - then kind of need to build up your jumps again, but if you get on the right side of the jump, and do your huge jump, you'll find the portal - I'm guessing it was meant to be like that - but it's a little weird the first time it happens. I ended up getting stuck in the middle of the jump the first time I played, the character stopped moving, and wouldn't do anything when I touched the screen, stayed there til time ran out. But after that, I got the hang of it. And once I tried the second world (pinball) and saw that there was that thing full of stars in the middle of the screen, getting high enough to move to the center of the screen became a goal - it just seems weird in the first world - I dunno if there's objects in the center of the screen later on in the first world levels, but at the beginning, with nothing there, it's a little funky.

Anyway...

nice that there's also a ZEN mode! No time limit, no stars, no nothing, just go as high as you can and zone out =oP
10-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
haha... VERY glad that you made it one touch control, and not touch+tilt - would get pretty frustraiting - though there are some times when you go really high and start moving towards the center of the screen - then kind of need to build up your jumps again, but if you get on the right side of the jump, and do your huge jump, you'll find the portal - I'm guessing it was meant to be like that - but it's a little weird the first time it happens. I ended up getting stuck in the middle of the jump the first time I played, the character stopped moving, and wouldn't do anything when I touched the screen, stayed there til time ran out. But after that, I got the hang of it. And once I tried the second world (pinball) and saw that there was that thing full of stars in the middle of the screen, getting high enough to move to the center of the screen became a goal - it just seems weird in the first world - I dunno if there's objects in the center of the screen later on in the first world levels, but at the beginning, with nothing there, it's a little funky.

Anyway...

nice that there's also a ZEN mode! No time limit, no stars, no nothing, just go as high as you can and zone out =oP
I like zen mode too, that was the initial spark for the game actually, just getting huge, totally unrealistic air.

The next few updates to Lil' Skate will bring more worlds and levels, as well as little mini game modes. The updates will be free of course!
10-17-2011, 03:33 AM
I'm confused by that trailer lol. But it looks cool think I'll pick this up and give it a go.
10-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Lil' Skate for iPad is now live on the AppStore, check it out!

AppStore link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lil-skate-hd/id472149393?ls=1&mt=8

Also available for Mac OS X:

AppStore link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lil-skate/id472348131?ls=1&mt=12
11-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Lil' Skate is on sale FREE through this weekend!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/lil-skate/id469901467?ls=1&mt=8

Grab it now, tell a friend!