★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gemmed! 1.6 Update & Upcoming Contest

05-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Gemmed! 1.6 Update & Upcoming Contest

We have submitted 1.6 update for approval last night. As I mentioned before, this update will have 4 game modes: Classic (75 levels with obstacles), Casual (75 levels without obstacles), Endless and Survival. Take a look at the new main screen below.

This update also has score synchronization - so if you are not connected to the internet while submitting your score, it will be queued and will try until it's successfully submitted when there is a connection available.

Now we are working on one more game mode for Gemmed!. We call it Challenge Mode - the name might change. It will provide weekly challenges which will be a lot of fun, but it will take us a while to get everything ready and working properly.

In the meantime we have been busy developing one other game - which is done with another company so I can't reveal anything about it until they decide to start marketing it.

Back to topic..I had mentioned that we'd have more contests in the future. When 1.6 update is out, we'll have our 2nd contest. It will be for the Survival mode. I wanted to announce this now, so that new people who want to participate in the contest can grab the game now to practice while Apple is reviewing the update.

This will be a much quicker contest than the previous one as the Survival Mode is quicker. I'm hoping for more participants and more scores for this one. The total prize for this contest will increase with the number of participants - so the more players participate, the more players will win. I will outline the rules once the contest starts. Happy gaming until then!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0030[1].PNG
Views:	4
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	3415  
05-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Excellent news! This one of my favourite games on the iPod. Keep up the good work

05-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Yay I can't wait.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

Last edited by VoodooVyper; 05-02-2009 at 02:06 AM.
05-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Yay I can't wait. I'm assuming our scores for survival mode that we get pre 1.6 are not valid?
There is no survival mode

Twitter: @Zincous
05-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
There is no survival mode
Was just seeing if everyone was paying attention
It's 3 am here gimme a break.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
05-02-2009, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Was just seeing if everyone was paying attention
It's 3 am here gimme a break.
Lol suuure

Twitter: @Zincous
05-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I was wondering what became of v1.6 (I've been anxiously checking for the update for a while now)!

Not to be a buzzkill here, but if you ever have to lose a mode in the future I still contend that Endless in it's current form just feels annoying. I'm the KING of random, I love random, but having my levels progress randomly is just really off putting. Maybe it's just me.

I anxiously await Survival! I really like the concept of a quick intense game. I'm not necessarily a big fan of being timed but have to admit it is the most straight forward way to add a definite limit and some tension.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Looking forward to it. -

iPod Touch 2G and NOW iPad!! =)
Now Playing: Let's Create! Pottery HD & The Treasures of Montezuma HD =)
$400 worth of iTunes GCs, in honor of Com2us' Slice It!
05-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Great! Looking forward to another competition.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
05-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Cool! Another contest!