★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Car Jack Streets Question

05-02-2009, 01:46 AM
#1
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 183
Car Jack Streets Question

I've come across a problem with CJS. When I payed off my first week, the Frankie jerk or w/e his name is just tells me to go away. Now I'm stuck with nothing to do until the next week. Why can't I pay the next week off early? In Payback, there was always something to do until your finished the game. I have no missions, no nothing.
05-02-2009, 01:55 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
You don't need a new thread for this. Just post questions in the thread for the game.

But you can still do missions. 7 per day I think it is. You'll just have to hold and save up your money. You can't pay him until next week.

Just roam around and free play killing people, selling cars, and getting the achievements. Also, go find the hidden packages.

There is plenty to do.

Twitter: @Zincous

05-02-2009, 02:06 AM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
You don't need a new thread for this. Just post questions in the thread for the game.

But you can still do missions. 7 per day I think it is. You'll just have to hold and save up your money. You can't pay him until next week.

Just roam around and free play killing people, selling cars, and getting the achievements. Also, go find the hidden packages.

There is plenty to do.

Agreed, + making $$$ for "rampage" missions which seem to be randomly generated in weapons pick-ups

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
05-02-2009, 02:25 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,143
There are 20-30+ threads for Pocket God, I think after 1100 posts that new thread for Car Jack is not such a travesty.

The whole "must play once a week" thing (if that's what it is) will keep me from picking up this game. I admit I may not understand how that works though, but I don't want to search through 1100 posts. Anyone care to explain it, in a nutshell? If I don't play/pay one wekk must I start over?

Welcome to the forums Baloney!

05-02-2009, 02:28 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
There are 20-30+ threads for Pocket God, I think after 1100 posts that new thread for Car Jack is not such a travesty.

The whole "must play once a week" thing (if that's what it is) will keep me from picking up this game. I admit I may not understand how that works though, but I don't want to search through 1100 posts. Anyone care to explain it, in a nutshell? If I don't play/pay one wekk must I start over?

Welcome to the forums Baloney!

Yeah, currently you have to pay the $50,000 a week or else you must start over.

It's really not that hard though. I did it on my first day getting the game and got $20,000 saved up for next week.

I'm not seeing it as a burden at all. I'd actually like to pay it off faster. I don't think people will have trouble paying it off in 7 days, unless they completely neglect the game.

But Paul said in updates there will be a way to turn that off/free play roaming mode. So eventually you wo't have to worry about it anyway.

Twitter: @Zincous
05-02-2009, 02:33 AM
#6
What's so bad about starting over anyway. Paying off the last money is the same as paying the first.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
05-02-2009, 02:34 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
There are 20-30+ threads for Pocket God, I think after 1100 posts that new thread for Car Jack is not such a travesty.

The whole "must play once a week" thing (if that's what it is) will keep me from picking up this game. I admit I may not understand how that works though, but I don't want to search through 1100 posts. Anyone care to explain it, in a nutshell? If I don't play/pay one wekk must I start over?

Welcome to the forums Baloney!

Only here on TA would we welcome lunch-meat to a conversation

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
05-02-2009, 02:51 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,143
Thanks for the replies. I doubt I would play once a week is all. Right now I'm hooked on Tiger Woods anyways. I like Payback okay, but I just never play it. I guess my gaming is turning more casual in my "old" age!

Actually, I'm busy making my first iPhone game
05-02-2009, 03:00 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
Thanks for the replies. I doubt I would play once a week is all. Right now I'm hooked on Tiger Woods anyways. I like Payback okay, but I just never play it. I guess my gaming is turning more casual in my "old" age!

Actually, I'm busy making my first iPhone game
Cool, I have seen good knowledge from you before, and I'm sure you'll be bringing something formidable.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
05-02-2009, 03:07 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: SG
Posts: 3,549
Making money in CJS is not a big problem really. You even get bonus cash for the achievements (killing 25 people, running over 25 people) or even for playing the game for 3 days. I have over 100,000 dollars extra now and its not even the end of the first week yet (which I already paid off).

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG