★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Vidia
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 27.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Maybe the closest thing we'll ever get to Ikaruga 2" - ign.com
"one of the more enjoyable shooter titles" - nintendolife.com
"enjoyable, hectic, and fast-paced" - gamepro.com

Straight from your videogame console - the critically acclaimed arcade shooter is now in your hand!

The powerful witch Rika has invaded the peaceful realm of Estaria with an army of monsters! The magic wizard Kyo is the only one who can stop her! Use your powerful aura of protection to absorb the enemy spells and unleash their power all at once! Travel through the dark swamps, cold mountains, dangerous caves full of lava and much more! Face Rika and free Estaria from her menace!

Product features:
- highly detailed pixel-art anime graphics
- fast and smooth action at 60 frames per second
- 5 levels with different environments
- 5 huge multi-phase bosses
- 3 difficulty levels
- multiple control system

goiMot's comments:
Wii Trailer:

10-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Whats with all the WiiWare Titles tonight? Can't say I'm disappointed.

10-18-2011, 01:04 AM
This looks freaking awesome.

Twitter: @back2this
10-18-2011, 01:09 AM
Ikaruga time fk yeah! Hope it controls well and is that 2P co-op I see??

Waiting for: Chaos Rings II, Phoenix Wright 123
I will always love: Kairosoft and CAVE Co. Ltd., Capcom, Godzilab, Simogo
Feel free to add me on Gamecenter; I'm Kirbychewy!
Dodonpachi is no longer my favorite iOS game.
10-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Looks awesome.

Playing: Infinity Blade II, Angry Birds
Favorites: Puzzle Agent, Paladog, Game Dev Story, Lara Croft
Beta Tested: Fara, Monster Trainer, Homerun Battle 2
10-18-2011, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmakirby3 View Post
Ikaruga time fk yeah! Hope it controls well and is that 2P co-op I see??
thats the Wii trailer...i don't think 2player co-op will be in the iOS version.
10-18-2011, 03:12 AM
Just bought this, will give impressions soon
10-18-2011, 03:49 AM
Well really enjoying this. The usual 'manga' style intro graphic, obviously a prepubescent girl as always (sadly). But theres 3 difficulty settings.

When you start you can either choose touch controls (work very well) or a small d-pad in the corner and you shoot constantly.

Presume you get more points for hitting the enemy with the right colour (red or blue), but its great you dont have to worry and can just shoot them with whatever colour you want.

I used to love the arcade game 'Side Arms' many years back, Deathsmiles i loved also as i enjoy horizontal shooters than just the usual vertical ones. Played the first level and reached the end of level 'baddie'. Some nice effects, different type of enemies and patterns/shooting patterns.

Well worth the money from what i've seen so far, seems to be a fair few levels to it. Very polished shooter and plays well, very good.
10-18-2011, 04:03 AM
Thanks for your impressions. I was hoping someone would share, as I'm quite interested in this. I'm a big fan of horizontal shooters too, and was hoping this would be a good one.
10-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well really enjoying this. The usual 'manga' style intro graphic, obviously a prepubescent girl as always (sadly). But theres 3 difficulty settings.

When you start you can either choose touch controls (work very well) or a small d-pad in the corner and you shoot constantly.

Presume you get more points for hitting the enemy with the right colour (red or blue), but its great you dont have to worry and can just shoot them with whatever colour you want.

I used to love the arcade game 'Side Arms' many years back, Deathsmiles i loved also as i enjoy horizontal shooters than just the usual vertical ones. Played the first level and reached the end of level 'baddie'. Some nice effects, different type of enemies and patterns/shooting patterns.

Well worth the money from what i've seen so far, seems to be a fair few levels to it. Very polished shooter and plays well, very good.
Sold..!!

Man, I do love a horizontal shooter!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja