★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Vidia
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 13.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.3 (3)
App description: Classic 8-bit graphic clashes with modern 3D era: welcome to the first 3D Pixel retro-cool racing game of the world!
Enjoy the fast arcade action and unlock new tracks and cars.
Select your favorite car and get ready to burst in the first 3D Pixel championship of the world!
Straight from your videogame console - now in your hand!

Product features:
- Exclusive 3D Pixel graphic
- 5 game modes
- 10 tracks, 11 cars, 10 pilots
- Variable weather: Sun, Fog, Rain, Snow
- Day or Night
- 3 difficulty levels with Drive Assist system

goiMot's comments:
Wii Trailer:

10-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Holy Muhammed.

First Impressions:

Fun, but needs a bit of polishing before I can put my full support behind it.

The fact is the UI is not very user friendly, hard to navigate.

There are no ways to remove horizon tilt, or adjust steering sensitivity. Controls are a bit finicky in the game, but it runs great on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S (As expected). Graphics are awesome, and its has a decent dance style music score.

Last edited by Barc; 10-18-2011 at 01:17 AM.

10-18-2011, 01:42 AM
gonna download and try anyway...looks pretty good.

I'll try to post some impressions later, cheers!
10-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Does this have full online multiplayer or just local? The AppStore writeup doesn't specify.

I am not a dev, I just post here.
10-18-2011, 01:58 AM
Wow, it looks like the HUDs of about ten different games have been shoved together with literally no thought at all. It's really terribly ugly, isn't it?

And can't you build your own pixel cars? Opportunity missed.
10-18-2011, 02:10 AM
Initial impression after one race... FANTASTIC!!! For me the controls have a really good feel (using tilt, to be honest I haven't looked at what other control types there are yet), Graphically this one is very very cool...everything pixelled, as expected, but with great effects for lighting, dust and such... the UI is a little convoluted, but once worked out is quite good. I will keep on playing, but on initial feel, this left me with a big smile on my face and wanting to go back for much more.
I would recommend based on my first race.
10-18-2011, 02:29 AM
the menus and HUD are atrocious. Having played this for a little while I have come to hate them.
10-18-2011, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Initial impression after one race... FANTASTIC!!! For me the controls have a really good feel (using tilt, to be honest I haven't looked at what other control types there are yet),
Could you let us know please what the other control methods are ? Would prefer buttons rather than tilt so i'm hoping it has them
10-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Could you let us know please what the other control methods are ? Would prefer buttons rather than tilt so i'm hoping it has them
Unless I am missing something, I believe it's only tilt.
10-18-2011, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Unless I am missing something, I believe it's only tilt.
Is it ? Damn. My fault for not waiting as i've just this second bought it ! Tilt might not be too bad but i would have loved the option for touch controls. Oh well. Thanks for letting me know