App description: SET SAIL WITH PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN AND TAKE YOUR SOCIAL GAMING TO A COMPLETELY NEW LEVEL!

Master of the Seas is the first app to combine deep storytelling and brilliant graphics with compelling social gameplay. Become a pirate as you create your ship, build your crew, and embark on quests steeped in the lore from the Pirates of the Caribbean universe.

Invite friends to join your crew, the bigger your crew the stronger you are!
Battle other pirates to gain rewards and increase your standing.
Buy cannons, weapons, amulets, and equipment to upgrade your ship.
Explore exotic islands, buy properties, and complete quests to earn gold and experience.

Only the savviest pirates will successfully plunder rivals, engage friends, and chart a course to become a legend The Master of the Seas!

Look for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides on Disney Blu-ray and DVD Combo Pack!
10-18-2011, 04:59 AM
Oh dear, this looks IAP-laden to the brim. Pass.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.

10-18-2011, 06:23 AM
Yup, and there's a Stamina stat, and if that limits the number of moves/actions you make, that's another breaker for me.

-Brian
10-18-2011, 06:24 AM
And I got all excited at first when I read "pirates of the caribbean".
Too bad that we couldn't get a beat-em-up a la "omg pirates" where you could play as jack sparrow and the other characters. At the very least, it'd be cool I they port one of the following:

Dead man's chest gba
At world's end psp
Lego pirates 3ds/wii

Not gonna hold my breath though.
10-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Oh dear, this looks IAP-laden to the brim. Pass.
More than enough reason for me to try it, I like to be contrary

EDIT: ... but after trying it, it is crap independent of the IAP matter.

Basically a MMO pirate themed mafia wars that crashes a lot, whee.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )

Last edited by C.Hannum; 10-18-2011 at 07:34 AM.
10-18-2011, 09:00 AM
According to the latest TA Podcast the GDC was all about this new wave of crap! It was no longer about making innovative games but how to make the next Farmville and the best way to painlessly juice/milk the players out of thousands!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

First 15.Minutes of Game. Not my Kind of Game but since a few have asked for that Trailer here it is.
10-18-2011, 10:23 AM
shame, i really want a great pirates game... ive played sid meiers pirates to death on pc, psp and ipad
10-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
According to the latest TA Podcast the GDC was all about this new wave of crap! It was no longer about making innovative games but how to make the next Farmville and the best way to painlessly juice/milk the players out of thousands!
Yeah, the biggest challenge lots of gamers face is not progressing through a good game, but rather simply finding one.
10-18-2011, 12:31 PM
JohnDecker please tell me more.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.