★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SoldierAnts - Limited offer $0.99

05-02-2009, 04:34 AM
SoldierAnts - Limited offer $0.99

For a limited time soldierants is now $0.99

SoldierAnts is a great turn based strategy/action game where you pitch your wits against 1 to 4 players that can be either AI or your friends. It supports two game modes, quick battle ideal for a 5 minutes burst of fun and campaign mode where you can wage a longer war to control all the territory on the map.

The aim of each battle is to defeat the opposing team and to do this you are given a large selection of weapons; Sniper Rifle, AK47, FlameThrower, Prod, Grenade, RPG, Missile, Mine, Petrol Bomb, Cluster Bomb, Time Bomb and Airstrike. There’s also a selection of special weapons such as Snowball, Atomic Carrot and Inflatable Aardvark. You may want to avoid incoming attacks or gain a better vantage point and to do this you can walk the SoldierAnts left and right, flick them to jump, use a jetpack, teleport or simply dig yourself a hole with a mole and cower.

If you have ever played Team 17s classic Worms then you will have a pretty good idea what SoldierAnts is all about. It has five different destructable landscapes, a slick interface, intuitive control scheme, great gameplay and lasting appeal. Packing more firepower than the A-Team your band of SoldierAnts are all set to wreak havoc.

Also Features –

Randomly generated maps
Excellent graphical effects including explosions and smoke effects
Particle effects that react to the environment
Map themes include: Winter, Western, Ruins, Jungle, Fruit, Countryside, Beach
Great music and sound effects
Full in game save functionality

Lock and Load.

www.iSoldierAnts.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJRObIrp7hw
05-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Nice. Is there going to be an update? I think I asked you about more ants in the levels (7-10 ants), more levels, and more weapons... Even though there are a lot already.

05-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Is this like worms?
05-02-2009, 03:10 PM
It's basically a terrible version of worms. Not worth any money, to be honest.
05-02-2009, 03:26 PM
If you want Worms gameplay, wait for worms itself, or try Ishoot or Snails Reloaded.
05-02-2009, 03:27 PM
I tried the lite and frankly the game is pretty bad. I'd recommend Pocket Tanks, iShoot, or Iron Sight. (Or even Snails Reloaded looks better)

05-03-2009, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21duc29 View Post
Nice. Is there going to be an update? I think I asked you about more ants in the levels (7-10 ants), more levels, and more weapons... Even though there are a lot already.
Yes, an update is being submitted today, one of the things it adds is more players per team. It also improves the homing missile aiming system (we had some feedback that it wasn't very intuitive). There are other tweaks in there, but there is also the inclusion of a brand new weapon... look out for press releases to find out more!

Also, for those asking about it, SoldierAnts is basically worms, only the worms have been replaced by Ants. It's the closest clone, and the general feedback we've had is it's the most fun, although we can 100% admit the graphics aren't as sharp as say Snails (but the general feedback we've seen from snails is that it is less than perfect in the game play department).

Anyway - there's a lite version of SoldierAnts available, so feel free to check that out yourself, rather than rely on word of mouth, if you like it then buy it before the end of play tomorrow (Monday) and you can get it for the new bargain price!

Steve
05-03-2009, 04:25 AM
They need to make money fast before Worms comes out in a few weeks, then the hustle's over.
05-03-2009, 05:19 AM
jesus, this game is not soo bad at all........controls are fine and graphics are alright.

don't forget that it costs only 99c. worms will be a lot more "expensive".

if you like these kind of games you might want to consider buying.
05-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
I tried the lite and frankly the game is pretty bad. I'd recommend Pocket Tanks, iShoot, or Iron Sight. (Or even Snails Reloaded looks better)
If you have any feedback to improve the game then we would like to hear it. We have listened to the public since release and have an update due that will hopefully add most of what people have been asking for. So basically any general improvements/feedback is more than welcome