★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Boomblastica for iPad - Old School Arcade-Style Shooter with a Unique Musical Twist

10-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Boomblastica for iPad - Old School Arcade-Style Shooter with a Unique Musical Twist

In the small island nation of Jumble, our heroine enjoyed her favorite afternoon snack, Super Spicy Ramen. After eating more than usual, she put on headphones and played her favorite band, Crazy Lullaby. She drifted off to sleep.

Floating through a dream state, she was attacked by a musical monster. Upset that her happy dream was disrupted, she fought back with a sonic assault of her own! She soon discovered that she was battling a dark force attempting to take over her brain through evil music.

To escape this nightmare, she’ll have to fight her way out.

Dive right into the rhythmic pace of Boomblastica, an arcade-style shooter game with a fun Japanese pop art sensibility. As you battle and blast your way through countless enemies using various and original weapons found across each level, individual instrumental tracks layer together to produce a player-specific electronic soundtrack, unique to your in-game moves. With each unlocked level, new manga-like cut scenes reveal the story behind our dreaming heroine; fleshing out the world in which Boomblastica takes place.

Features:
Music-themed weapons that shape the way you play
Battle your way through fierce and challenging enemies!
Music changes based on your moves
Choose between simple touch screen controls and an arcade style, on-screen joystick
Additional levels coming soon!

Available now for iPad on iTunes: http://itun.es/iBc4DZ

10-18-2011, 10:13 AM

10-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Thank you!

Thanks for sharing, Sanuku!

Let me know what you guys think... There's tons more coming, but we'd love your feedback to add to our list of upcoming additions.
10-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Mmm, this looks really cool..!! Downloading now... ...

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Short game. Great music. Awesome dea. And free. Whats not to like?
10-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegames View Post
Short game. Great music. Awesome dea. And free. Whats not to like?
Yup, I concur buddy, this is a fantastic little arcade shoot'em up. The only criticisms are a distinct lack of content, and that jazzy UI at the bottom of the screen. Oh, and Game Center too! Any high score blaster worth it's salt needs leaderboards.

One things for sure though, there's a ton of potential here. And I for one can't wait to see how Boomblastica evolves - hopefully into a credible shmup. Here's hoping!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
10-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Great Insight

Thanks for the insight, guys. The dev dudes have TONS in store for this project - yes, leaderboards, achievements, all sorts of stuff. So stay tuned! Sign up for emails on the website, and we'll send you an occasional update.

www.boomblastica.com
10-19-2011, 02:51 PM
If you include iCade support, you'll have an instant purchase from myself and many others.

EDIT:

Just noticed the game's free

I'd still like iCade support though. Hehehe
10-19-2011, 02:57 PM
iCade OMG

Oh my - I'm pretty new to the games space (come from a music background)... and this is one of the most marvelous geektoys I've seen yet. iCade?! Are you kidding me?

Well, Boomblastica IS "arcade-style" and has a joystick function already, so it should integrate pretty well... I"ll inquire about what it would take to get this going.

Thanks! I'll keep you posted on the progress.