★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Inability to download a free app. Help?

10-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Inability to download a free app. Help?

I want to download Deadlock Online (free). I double tap the button on the app store, enter my password, a app comes up and it says 'Waiting'. After a minute or so it disappears.

Then I try again and it starts loading to around 10%. Then 'Loading..' changes to 'Deadl..ine' (something like that), and it doesn't load anymore. It disappears when I reboot my iPhone 4.

I'm running iOS4. Did anyone else experience this problem too?
10-18-2011, 08:39 PM
How much memory do you have left on your iPod? You're going to need about 200 MB of space to download Deadlock.

Twitter: @back2this
10-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
how much memory do you have left on your ipod? You're going to need about 200 mb of space to download deadlock.
3.5gb
10-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Just keep trying. This is pretty common, happens to me alot.

Playing: Infinity Blade II, Angry Birds
Favorites: Puzzle Agent, Paladog, Game Dev Story, Lara Croft
Beta Tested: Fara, Monster Trainer, Homerun Battle 2
10-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xapped View Post
I want to download Deadlock Online (free). I double tap the button on the app store, enter my password, a app comes up and it says 'Waiting'. After a minute or so it disappears.

Then I try again and it starts loading to around 10%. Then 'Loading..' changes to 'Deadl..ine' (something like that), and it doesn't load anymore. It disappears when I reboot my iPhone 4.

I'm running iOS4. Did anyone else experience this problem too?
Just do all the standard things. Close all of your background applications and then do a hard reset. After that try to download it. If that doesn't work just wait a while and then try again. If it still doesn't work you might need to send an error report.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus