★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Board@Work?

05-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Board@Work?

Board@Work

Found this pretty neat app on the app store yesterday.
It's a match-3 game but with a surprisingly neat twist imo.
Not the developer btw!
I got the app and I like it so far. Gets harder as you go and faster
05-02-2009, 08:57 AM
i keep coming back to this app in the store since seeing it go live earlier. i have spent so much today i am still resisting.

can you tell me how multiplayer mode works? is it only via wifi? is there a multiplayer mode using the same device? i've already emailed the dev asking these questions (no response yet) before seeing that you already bought it.

video from the dev's site:

Youtube link | Pop Up

05-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvnthynn View Post
i keep coming back to this app in the store since seeing it go live earlier. i have spent so much today i am still resisting.

can you tell me how multiplayer mode works? is it only via wifi? is there a multiplayer mode using the same device? i've already emailed the dev asking these questions (no response yet) before seeing that you already bought it.

video from the dev's site:
YouTube: video

Havent done multiplayer yet I'll do it later and reply back
05-02-2009, 10:32 AM
I got this game. If you give me a couple of days I can give you some first impressions and then something more thorough in a couple of weeks

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
I got this game. If you give me a couple of days I can give you some first impressions and then something more thorough in a couple of weeks
You must like it? Lol?

Trying out multiplayer right now

EDIT:
Says you must be connested to internet to play multiplayer
05-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
You must like it? Lol?

Trying out multiplayer right now
Well I played it some but so far it just seems like a really slow match-3 Have to read up on the instructions and spend some loving time with it.

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Well I played it some but so far it just seems like a really slow match-3 Have to read up on the instructions and spend some loving time with it.
It gets faster..........starts out slow
05-02-2009, 12:29 PM
thanks for the confirmation, yourofl10! i was really hoping for something like a pass n' play mode because i love playing with my fiance. he doesn't have an iphone but i'm thinking of getting him one as a wedding gift (that or his-and-hers watches).

deb, i will wait for your feedback!

OH! and the dev responded to my email! sweet, didn't expect one on a saturday. i invited him here so i hope he drops by.
05-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvnthynn View Post
thanks for the confirmation, yourofl10! i was really hoping for something like a pass n' play mode because i love playing with my fiance. he doesn't have an iphone but i'm thinking of getting him one as a wedding gift (that or his-and-hers watches).

deb, i will wait for your feedback!

OH! and the dev responded to my email! sweet, didn't expect one on a saturday. i invited him here so i hope he drops by.
Thanks, noproblem any time.
Hope he does drop by,
I dont know exactly for sure if you can play via LAN or just international servers....
05-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Don't worry, it gets faster - really fast...

I'm the developer, it does start out pretty slow, a new block every 3 seconds or so, but you can touch the "Next" box to throw blocks out faster if you want... It basically gets a tenth of a second faster as more blocks are placed at a decreasing interval. So, it speeds up from 3 seconds to 2.9 seconds after fewer blocks than from 0.5 to 0.4 seconds... It eventually gets to a block every 0.3 seconds.

We spent a lot of time balancing the game so that while the blocks are coming slowly, you can use the extra time to make big matches, which results in higher odds of getting the valuable office supplies (our version of power-ups). That way, once it gets really quick, you have a good inventory of office supplies built up to help you keep up.

Here's a quick tip - using the markers is a great way to setup big matches...

Anyway, hope you all enjoy the game!

Thanks for checking it out,
Ben