App description: **Looking into reports of iOS 8 save issues. Please email support if this is happening to you.**

"Download Mage Gauntlet. The time you spent reading this review could've been much better spent playing this incredible game." -- Toucharcade.com Review

Mage Gauntlet is a classic-style action-RPG, designed from the ground up for iOS. It's inspired primarily by 90's action RPGs for the Super Nintendo, such as Legend of Zelda: LTTP and Secret of Mana. We wanted to make a fast-paced RPG that doesn't waste your time with fetch quests.

Fight and explore your way through a humorous storyline about eccentric wizards, powerful artifacts, and dangerous monsters. Find items to customize your character's strengths and weaknesses. Enjoy smooth, responsive controls and fast, satisfying combat. When you beat the game, unlock a remixed Master Mode with overwhelming enemy numbers and new secrets to uncover.

MAGE FACTS
- 84 levels (half normal, half in Master Mode)
- 86 achievements
- 110 hats (important)
- Variety of loot that adapt your character to different tactics
- 19 pets that follow you around and give different bonuses
- Quick leveling and stat system lets you customize character further
- Dash and Charge moves let you slip through enemy spell attacks

More updates planned! Follow us on Twitter @rocketcatgames to send us suggestions!

Echoseven's comments:

Wiki: The participants of this forum are creating a reference wiki for Mage Gauntlet: Here
10-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlezoe View Post
That's something what's also bothering me... Spells are in a too limited amount on the maps in my opinion... You have to mostly use normal attacks during the level, while spells are much more fun to use..
Quote:
Originally Posted by orinationx2 View Post
IMO spells should work by a cooldown basis, rather than a collectible one.

What happens is spells become a secondary aspect of the game, when really it's one of the game's most interesting features.

Levelling up also seems to have hardly enough impact- it plays like a skill based action game more than an RPG, which is probably the intention, but there's a lot of potential here.

That said this is still one of my GOTYs for the iPhone, just those things that keep it from being flawless for me = )
I completely agree with the sentiment about using spells as a secondary aspect. However I disagree with the cooldown basis, since I think the spell system helps make this game unique (even if underutilized currently). Also, the minimal effect of levelling up, is, I believe, on purpose, since their whole intention was to prevent grinding. I actually currently like the level up system. It's super simple (only 3 areas to upgrade) and shows the exact effect on stats (unlike the ambiguous inventory items, which I'm not sure about yet).
10-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahakaJR View Post
1 finish level, 2 finish stay alive, 3 previous and murder all in level.
All right. So it doesn't matter if you lose 1 heart out of 3?

10-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderino View Post
All right. So it doesn't matter if you lose 1 heart out of 3?
You must remain alive. Please do not perish.

T. A. A. P. Member.
I drive trains and play video games.
10-22-2011, 10:47 AM
I completed the game and unlocked Master Mode!
Finally!
It was extremely hard but i did it.
The Pinnacle Tower Gold level is very hard.

I guess im the first player who finished the game lol.

Here is the Picture if you dont believe me:

Last edited by Cybertox; 10-22-2011 at 11:02 AM.
10-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Nicely done! So to unlock Master Mode, you need to have 3 stars in every single level and finish the game?
10-22-2011, 11:34 AM
No, just beat every level, regardless of how many stars
10-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
Tower Pinnacle silver needs more spells, I know it supposed to be hard but it lacks of spells, they are way too rare there.
Just Pinnacle 2, or the entire Pinnacle chapter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
I cant get all three stars in the first garden level wtf?
I did it like 3 times already and found a lot of secrets as well defeated all enemies what am I missing?
A lot of people miss the secret directly south of the treasure chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Ok, I decided to use lives for orc3 ... No way. This is too long. It never ends.
It is so long This level that I am getting bored, honestly, since it is all the same slash slash slash. And all I want is the boss.
We're doing an update to fix orc3... there was a mistake made in development and it has about half the spell urns that it should have. Orc 3's getting 5 more spell urns, and Crypt 3 is getting about 3 more spell urns. Might look at Tower Pinnacle... do all Pinnacle levels need more urns, or just specific ones?

---

FUNNY STORY: In development the game used to have about double the spell amounts per level. It got reduced to what it is now, because the sheer number of spells made them eventually get boring to me in testing. Maybe it's a personal perception thing, though, as the sword combat was changed a lot so I found it more interesting and fresh?

Also I could change the descriptions of items a little to make them more specific, if there's enough demand for me to do so. Let me know!

RocketCat Games: Creators of Wayward Souls, Punch Quest, Mage Gauntlet and Hook Worlds
Check out our new game Wayward Souls at www.rocketcatgames.com/wayward/
@rocketcatgames on Twitter
10-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah more spells needed as they are way under utilized and boring ATM.

GAME CENTER: Adamphetamine
GAMESPY: Adamphetamine or NeonPriest
10-22-2011, 01:31 PM
I would also just delete the useless haste spells. They just make me feel like I wasted time every time. Get one.
Also ... I find that the balance between health and spell is also wrong.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
10-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Kepa: If you will make a lot of changes like this, then maybe implement a reset game button as well? You know if someone would like to start fresh after the updates.. It wouldn't hurt anyone to have a button like that..

Openfeint: littlezoe2
GameCenter: LittleZoeee
Currently Playing: Ghost Trick