Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-01-2014, 06:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default [Soft Launch: NZ] Spymaster (by PlayRaven)

Quote:
NZ Soft Launch info:

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 71.7 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Spies in World War 2! Take control of Allied undercover agents on secret missions deep behind enemy lines.

As the supreme Allied spymaster, the tough calls are yours to make. If Charlie is captured by the Gestapo will you push Lucy to her limit to recover him from the enemy’s iron grip? Are they merely expendable puppets? The choice is yours.

=FEATURES=
- Free to play
- Control a World War 2 era intelligence agency, and develop it into a clandestine powerhouse with elite agents
- Recruit & manage agents with unique code names, portraits, nationalities and skills
- Parachute your agents deep behind enemy lines to steal enemy secrets
- Recruit local people to spin spy networks that span the whole of occupied Europe from Paris to Moscow
- Collect & transmit enemy intel back to HQ
- Plan & execute raids on strategic factories, train depots and even Gestapo offices
- Fight the fearsome Gestapo “Inspektors” head to head, or outsmart them with decoys
- Follow the stories and careers of your agents based on the choices YOU made

iPad Screenshots:

Old 04-01-2014, 11:13 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-02-2014, 02:32 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I've been excited for this game for a while, but F2P implementation concerns me.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:17 PM

It looks promising to me. I will keep an eye on it if it gets released in Germany.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:39 AM

Hi guys, I'm Teemu from PlayRaven, the guys working on Spymaster.

Just wanted to pop by and say that there is a lot of cool stuff to come before we'll say the game is "done" and this soft launch is just our way to get some early impressions about if the whole concept of our games is interesting to people.

With that said if you happen to try it out and have something to say (good or bad), feel free to drop us an email at info@playraven.com or post here. I'll do my best to answer in a timely manner
Old 04-09-2014, 01:54 AM

Can agents getting injured be explained a bit more as It says injured agents are more likely to be capture but I have not had a agent been capture yet
Old 04-09-2014, 02:29 AM

Sounds like an interesting idea, would be good to see how it all works.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:53 AM

Okay I have had a agent been captured now and I did not rescue him during the mission.
Now I can't use him and to rescue him I need to use 50 gold bars
Is there any other way to rescue Charlie?
Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Right. Been playing now for a couple of hours. I have thoughts. The first one?

Be brave. Go premium.

Get rid of the F2P element. The timers for training and injury recovery are fine, but ditch paying for gold (and any concept of throwing ads in), and charge an up front fee. Then balance the game slightly more in favour of issuing gold both for partial and full completion of missions. The game is strong enough to sustain a premium release.

Why? Because the concept, the artwork, the sound, and the gameplay - they're all brilliant. This has all the hallmarks of a sleeper hit game. This could be an *excellent* premium game if pitched right, it plays like a premium game, with missions being turn based and there being no stamina bar or any real restriction beyond injury recovery or if your agents get captured (something you can adjust via economy I guess), so the game is already in terms of time and playability geared towards both short and long play sessions. It's addictive as sin, and encourages tactical, clever play, much like a board game made digital.

This is a game that has potential. Don't squander it by trying to trouser money through aggressive monetisation.

-H
Old 04-09-2014, 12:55 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I agree with this. I'm into the game but at every turn/option I feel like I'm being hit on the head for gold and it lessens the fun factor pretty drastically. I'd definitely pay for this game but I understand that F2P is way more profitable.