Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-09-2011, 09:39 PM

Default Tips

The highest score I've gotten in the Desperado Mode is 667. I easily average around 500 otherwise. Here are some tips to help you get that score:

1. Score as many fruit combos as you possibly can. Time your slices carefully and you can easily make 4-5 extra points per strike. That adds up real quick because once you get to around 400, the speed of the fruit and number of bombs increases drastically and it becomes difficult to slice without accidentally missing a fruit or hitting a bomb.

2. Take really short quick slices when fruit are dispersed all over the screen. That way you won't accidentally miss any, and you're less likely to hit bombs.

3. I use the 3 cat claw blade because I can hit more fruit that way and its is less distracting than other blades.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:03 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Getting the "6x fruit combo in Desperado" achievement is very annoying. I managed to fluke it on the iPhone version but on the iPad (HD version) it's proving rather more difficult - I've managed to get to 10K fruit sliced achievement without doing it.

Anyone got any tips before I throw the iPad against the wall in frustration?
Old 11-12-2011, 12:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin Launcher View Post
The highest score I've gotten in the Desperado Mode is 667. I easily average around 500 otherwise. Here are some tips to help you get that score:

1. Score as many fruit combos as you possibly can. Time your slices carefully and you can easily make 4-5 extra points per strike. That adds up real quick because once you get to around 400, the speed of the fruit and number of bombs increases drastically and it becomes difficult to slice without accidentally missing a fruit or hitting a bomb.

2. Take really short quick slices when fruit are dispersed all over the screen. That way you won't accidentally miss any, and you're less likely to hit bombs.

3. I use the 3 cat claw blade because I can hit more fruit that way and its is less distracting than other blades.

Hope this helps!
Whoa, so the different blades actually do have gameplay effects and aren't just reskins?
Old 11-12-2011, 12:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hey Gang,

I'm still on the fence on this one. While the Bandito mode looks like it might be a fun twist, I'm curious about its replay. Sure I know that they scramble which of the trials you'll face each play through but when you do invariably have to replay one of the trials, are they still interesting or are they sort of one trick ponies? Just from the video I saw it looked like some of the Bandito Trials are sort of like puzzles that once you figure out their trick they may feel very tedious to replay, or is this not the case?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Is there going to be a new gamemode in the (near) future?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:50 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlexShaw View Post
Anyone got any tips before I throw the iPad against the wall in frustration?
Old 12-11-2011, 01:12 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Any news on update?
Old 12-11-2011, 06:23 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
Any news on update?
Hey P.T.,

We will have another update out very shortly!

Stay Juicy, Amigo!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hey Gang,

I'm still on the fence on this one. While the Bandito mode looks like it might be a fun twist, I'm curious about its replay. Sure I know that they scramble which of the trials you'll face each play through but when you do invariably have to replay one of the trials, are they still interesting or are they sort of one trick ponies? Just from the video I saw it looked like some of the Bandito Trials are sort of like puzzles that once you figure out their trick they may feel very tedious to replay, or is this not the case?
I don't find it repetitive. The challenges feel fresh each time - there is a randomness to it - different fruits and different patterns - even within the same challenge. There may only be 10-15 different ones, but it feels like more to me.

There are a few that once you get the trick they are easier, but the game remains challenging and you need to have a good, clean run though all 3 Acts and the finale to keep beating your high scores after you have a clean run. The challenges are harder in each Act as well.

I don't play the game a ton, but keep coming back to it. Choose it over the standard version of the game and may delete the standard version and just keep this for my fruit-slicing fun.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
Any news on update?
What's new

Welcome to the second awesome update for your favorite feline slicer! Once again we've added awesome content for free to keep the action going!

NEW BLADES!

The Contraption A blade that Humpty constructed using his engineering skills.
Nimbus cloud A blade that creates cloud formations as seen in the movie.
Crown Jewel A blade full of sparkly treasure!

We've also added 25 new Fairytale Facts to spice up each game.