★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: PYTHON is out!!!!

11-11-2008, 07:24 PM
PYTHON is out!!!!

From circle soft for just 2.99
11-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Is it any good? Is it better than Spore? Is it worth the money?
11-12-2008, 06:27 AM
I've purchased it.

It's not so easy to control the snake but I'm getting better each time I play it.

I'm not sure but I think the 4rd level has a background and "fruits" with almost the same color (no contrast) which make it unnecessary hard to the eye to play.

This should be reviewed by the developers because there's no reason to follow this path.

Anyway, the game has an action touch due the way you have to control the snake.

I like it so far (tho I'm not a huge fan of snake games).
11-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
I've purchased it.

It's not so easy to control the snake but I'm getting better each time I play it.

I'm not sure but I think the 4rd level has a background and "fruits" with almost the same color (no contrast) which make it unnecessary hard to the eye to play.

This should be reviewed by the developers because there's no reason to follow this path.

Anyway, the game has an action touch due the way you have to control the snake.

I like it so far (tho I'm not a huge fan of snake games).
Hi Carlos,

The developer of Python speaking here. Thanks for the feedback.

I will look into your findings. After a few times playing Python, most people get used to the steering. But i'm trying out some new algorithms to see if it can be improved even more. I will also take a look at level 4.
11-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
I don't know about this one.

I'm hesitant to buy full tilt based games unless its a driving/steering game. I prefer touch based, as this makes it more casual and is easier to play in crowded areas. I currently use Python's cousin Anaconda (ohh, the irony) as my snake game. I might get this one if touch controls were implemented, as Silver Mana has infuriated me with the latest update. My scores are not only gone, but also pointless.
11-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Who cares it's just another snake game. Although, it can't be worse than Perilar.
11-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
I'm hesitant to buy full tilt based games unless its a driving/steering game. I prefer touch based, as this makes it more casual and is easier to play in crowded areas. I currently use Python's cousin Anaconda (ohh, the irony) as my snake game. I might get this one if touch controls were implemented, as Silver Mana has infuriated me with the latest update. My scores are not only gone, but also pointless.
I got this game due the different control.
11-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Quote:
I prefer touch based, as this makes it more casual and is easier to play in crowded areas.
I know what you mean, people look a bit strange when they see someone constantly tilting there iPhone up and down
12-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Quote:
I prefer touch based, as this makes it more casual and is easier to play in crowded areas.
I just released an update of Python. It now includes touch-based steering and slightly improved tilt steering.

Also brought the price down to 99 cents.