Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-19-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Well I think you've gone to far with extreme 2. Ive been stuck on the damn spikes for 20 minutes before I've gave up and turned it off. It's the only track I've not been able to finish.
Mirko designed a very sadistic level out of it, even Kimmo had trouble finishing that one

Luckily to preserve our mental health Mirko has also been making half a dozen new and less evil levels that are coming in an update soon!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:01 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Another great game today and another purchase. Going to have to do some serious re-organizing of my screen pages.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
If it were up to me, I really wouldn't be here giving my impressions of the game, to be honest. Why? Because that just means I'm not playing Bike Baron. From what I've played so far...can I please just go back to playing now?

Alright, fine...the game is spectacular in every way imaginable! If you've played Minigore, you know what to expect from Mountain Sheep. Every last bit of the game is frickin' polished, you need sunglasses just to look at your screen. The graphics on a retina screen are gorgeous, the menus are clean, simple and to the point, the music in the menus is worth poking your screen for an hour so it doesn't go into standby while you do nothing but listen and there's something very charming about the way the whole game is put together. It feels very console-ish in a way. All games like Bike Baron require precise controls and on a touchscreen, that's always risky...Bike Baron absolutely nails it though. The game also runs buttery smooth, without a single hitch even when you've gotten a boost, are soaring in the air and are bound to go face first into the ground.

Honest to God, I don't understand how this is being sold at $0.99, especially when it's universal. I also feel like I need to come and personally hand you guys a dollar.

*shuts up and goes back to playing*
Thank You so much for this! After reading this I finally decided to buy it and am loving it at the moment, although considering it's Mountain Sheep I don't know why I didn't buy it earlier...

Um, this may be a bug, or maybe it's just part of the game but I'd like to double check... After completing a level (with 3 stars if that matters at all) is the next level meant to automatically unlock for you? It never seems to do this so I have to click the unlock button which uses up a star...
Yeah, just checking, that might be the way it works.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:08 PM
iPhone 3G

Hey guys, just gotta say, the game is freaking amazing! Absolutely loving it and can't put it down. Gonna have to get into the level editor here soon and see what I can come up with.

Of course, don't forget to head on over to the Community Codes post in the General Discussions sections and post your codes. I'll get them up at baronscodes.blogspot.com soon after so you guys can start voting on the levels after you've played them.

You guys are definitely in for a treat with this game.
As much as I was looking forward to Feed Me Sandwiches and Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots, I just don't see myself spending more time on them than I will with this.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raro View Post
Thank You so much for this! After reading this I finally decided to buy it and am loving it at the moment, although considering it's Mountain Sheep I don't know why I didn't buy it earlier...

Um, this may be a bug, or maybe it's just part of the game but I'd like to double check... After completing a level (with 3 stars if that matters at all) is the next level meant to automatically unlock for you? It never seems to do this so I have to click the unlock button which uses up a star...
Yeah, just checking, that might be the way it works.
That's how it works. Only Joker levels unlock automatically, all other locked levels "cost" you 1 star to unlock them
Old 10-19-2011, 07:31 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Finally reached the end on extreme 2. Wooooo. Now to go back and 3 star the hard tracks. (already done easy and medium).
I feel I should issuse a public health warning about extreme track 2 you will lose a small part of your sanity trying to beat this track. :-)
Old 10-19-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Finally reached the end on extreme 2. Wooooo. Now to go back and 3 star the hard tracks. (already done easy and medium).
I feel I should issuse a public health warning about extreme track 2 you will lose a small part of your sanity trying to beat this track. :-)
Wow, you're very good player! I never finished 2nd extreme level myself, I guess I will need to try harder
Old 10-19-2011, 07:43 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiboo View Post
That's how it works. Only Joker levels unlock automatically, all other locked levels "cost" you 1 star to unlock them
Awesome, thanks so much!
Was just worried that I was doing something wrong ^_^

The game is amazing btw! Can't wait to make some levels.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:51 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiboo View Post
Wow, you're very good player! I never finished 2nd extreme level myself, I guess I will need to try harder
:-) thanks. 2D trial bike style games are my fav genre I've been playing them since I first discovered elastomania 15 years ago 'ish.
I'd say now that bike baron is sitting real close to the top of my fav bike games of all time right behind trials hd.

I can see the level editor getting a lot of use. And is there a limit to the never of custom tracks you can have saved?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:58 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Will there always be codes for the level editor or will there someday be a menu which pops up showing level names, ratings by players, number of downloads, etc. allowing you to download levels without the need to find a code?
Just thought it would be a cool idea, although I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, etc.
Until then I'll just use the thread in the General Chat for codes