Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #431  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 AM
attaboyBrad attaboyBrad is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 13
Default

Holy crap. Why does pushing both forward and back at the same time work on JC3? Is that a technique that is useful anywhere else? I just dropped my JC3 to 1:13 without even trying.

Edit: Holding both forward and backward lean locks the rider in the current degree of lean. Thus, he is leaning slightly forward at a constant angle when riding the pyramids, the same (but more reliable) as if one is tapping lean.

Last edited by attaboyBrad; 10-25-2011 at 01:12 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:21 AM
RaptorF35 RaptorF35 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On a Motherboard
Posts: 1,717
Default

Finally! Just got 2 stars on Dragon's Teeth. 2:36 was my time.
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:25 AM
VonWillebrand VonWillebrand is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 163
Default

That technique works elsewhere as well. There isn't much need for it in other levels though.
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:27 AM
VonWillebrand VonWillebrand is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by attaboyBrad View Post
Holy crap. Why does pushing both forward and back at the same time work on JC3? Is that a technique that is useful anywhere else? I just dropped my JC3 to 1:13 without even trying.
How do you clear the last part after the bomb bridge? I can do it slowly but to get stars I'd have to be faster.
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:30 AM
RaptorF35 RaptorF35 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On a Motherboard
Posts: 1,717
Default

How in the world do you get the first coin in Sawbones? That's the only Star left to get in the Hard levels, not including jokers.
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:33 AM
TicTac TicTac is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 521
Default

Get as close to the bombs as possible then lean forward to get the first coin in sawbones.

Can anyone help with the pyramids? I have no idea how to get pass them at all.
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:41 AM
RaptorF35 RaptorF35 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On a Motherboard
Posts: 1,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
Get as close to the bombs as possible then lean forward to get the first coin in sawbones.

Can anyone help with the pyramids? I have no idea how to get pass them at all.
Uhhhh. Wrong level? Sawbones doesn't have any bombs near the first Coin.
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:46 AM
TicTac TicTac is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorF35 View Post
Uhhhh. Wrong level? Sawbones doesn't have any bombs near the first Coin.
Opps sorry I was thinking of sawbones second coin. The first coin is easy, press stop and back button together until your bike is resting on top of the left pedestral. Continue pressing stop and back, your bike will cut through the first pedestral and go all the way down until reaching the first coin.
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:56 AM
TicTac TicTac is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 521
Default

Here's 2 screenshots to help you.



Reply With Quote
  #440  
Old 10-25-2011, 02:04 AM
RaptorF35 RaptorF35 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On a Motherboard
Posts: 1,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
Opps sorry I was thinking of sawbones second coin. The first coin is easy, press stop and back button together until your bike is resting on top of the left pedestral. Continue pressing stop and back, your bike will cut through the first pedestral and go all the way down until reaching the first coin.
Haha, that's how I thought it would be, never tried it though. Stupid me.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent