Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-27-2011, 03:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I agree, I'll probably never see the last extreme level or even one Of the hard jokers but it's that feeling of there's always something new left to unlock in a game that keeps me coming back time and time again.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:34 AM
iPhone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
I understand the need for more intermediate levels, but some of you are complaining to the point where it's clear where the industry of games stands. Games to many are meant to provide challenge and test your abilities.
well you forget about another possibility to add the challenge and i mean the time trial challenges. so levels where you can do a lot of small things to improve the times, so you need to do perfect runs. i was world champion in bike or die for palm for very long time, until i got pocket pc. and i should say the game was very challenging but never frustrating, compared with some levels in this game.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:55 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Are there any plans to add more bikes? I think it'll add a good deal of replayability to easier levels. For instance add a faster bike at the end of completing each mode, so instead of having to go to the next mode which might be a little too frustrating, we can spend time improving and practising times in the easy modes with the new bike.

I also found a bug which occurs sporadically, bike cutting through the plank becoming immovable.

Last edited by TicTac; 10-27-2011 at 05:03 AM..
Old 10-27-2011, 05:20 AM
Developer
iPad 2, OS 4.x

There's a new patch of levels in the blog at http://thebikebaron.com/

Try out level ACMN by runlikehell11 for some fun challenge. Its somewhere around King's Castle (extreme 1) in terms of difficulty and challenge
Old 10-27-2011, 06:27 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Holy cow! I just made a level that is so hard you will desperate
If you are crazy enough to try here is the code: AFRO
The level is called: Nearly Impossible
Category: Extreme
Old 10-27-2011, 06:40 AM
Developer
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamigo78 View Post
Holy cow! I just made a level that is so hard you will desperate
If you are crazy enough to try here is the code: AFRO
The level is called: Nearly Impossible
Category: Extreme
I loved your level! I remember playing through some earlier version of it you had shared and it was great back then, and even more brilliant now Also congrats on very cool level code, hehe
Old 10-27-2011, 06:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

ADAE thoughts !!?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:12 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by deto View Post
I loved your level! I remember playing through some earlier version of it you had shared and it was great back then, and even more brilliant now Also congrats on very cool level code, hehe
Cool that you like my levels. I laughed when I saw the level code, too.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:08 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I'm having trouble with jumping onto the 3rd level platform (above the second coin) in sawbones. Does anyone know of a way to get up there consistently?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:18 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by deto View Post
The next update makes a few changes there so JC3 should be more like rest of the hard levels (even if closer to the end scale in difficulty) and little less like the extreme levels! I don't know how I managed to make it so dang difficult... I guess I was getting too used to playing the joker baron 4 and the JC3 just felt too easy

As for the extreme levels. I know very many people have called Mountain Sheep level designers sadistic (that's me!) but there's actually a crazy logic there. You see... Mostly you slowly progress from easy to hard, but in extreme the progression just goes through the roof Like, King's Castle is 1.5x harder than JB3, Dragon's Teeth is 4.5x harder than first extreme level and the Darklord's Cradle (original name of the JB4) is 13.5x harder than the second extreme level.

Congrats on passing Dragon's Teeth!
Overall, I still think you did a fantastic job with the level design. In fact, I'd like to see more Extreme levels! Just to re-iterate, my only real issue is that the physics interfere in those two sections (bomb bridge and teeth). Otherwise, I think you really nailed the difficulty of the levels. So I'm not trying to complain about levels, and I definitely don't want you to make them easier.

Oh, and after getting 6:41 on Dragon's Teeth, I was able to complete it again in 5:45. If I could just get through those teeth consistently, I really think I can do a sub-3:00 run.