★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Would like to see a touch arcade in newsstand

View Poll Results: Would you like to see touch arcade magazine in newsstand ?
Yes with free subscription 9 47.37%
Yes also willing to pay 5 26.32%
No 3 15.79%
Not bothered 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll
10-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Would like to see a touch arcade in newsstand

Please make a monthly reviews magazine for newsstand on iPhone and iPad
but be the first magazine that looks like a magazine with page turning effects etc like ibooks instead of the pdf page crap on there at the moment.
10-19-2011, 12:48 PM
We've got an app due to release shortly that'll have most of this functionality, although without the newsstand approach since it'll be updated in real time instead of monthly "editions" for lack of a better way to put it.

10-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
We've got an app due to release shortly
And we've been hearing this for how long now?

<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
10-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booch138 View Post
And we've been hearing this for how long now?

<3
Easily EASILY 2 years....'09 is as far back as I remember rumors surfacing.

But I digress...im eager to see the TA app...super duper excited is putting it mildly.
10-21-2011, 07:53 AM
I don't really see the point and benefit in having this.
10-21-2011, 11:16 AM
I've no intention of ever using newsstand so that is my stance. Would like to see an App though as long as it worked with the forums as well.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
10-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I've no intention of ever using newsstand so that is my stance. Would like to see an App though as long as it worked with the forums as well.
There is a magazine already in the Newsstand for this called Apps. It covers apps and reviews them. I think it's printed in the UK. It's actually a good, informative publication. Check it out. It does not, however, have anything to do with forums. Personally, I don't see any use for a print format. That would mean all the info would be a couple of months old, and TA is all about up to the minute info, as well as posting impressions, Q and A help, and everything, really. The online info would have moved on long ago before anything can be printed, published, etc. So, IMO, that would be completely redundant.

Last edited by bigrand1; 10-21-2011 at 01:56 PM.
10-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
There is a magazine already in the Newsstand for this called Apps. It covers apps and reviews them. I think it's printed in the UK. It's actually a good, informative publication. Check it out. It does not, however, have anything to do with forums. Personally, I don't see any use for a print format. That would mean all the info would be a couple of months old, and TA is all about up to the minute info, as well as posting impressions, Q and A help, and everything, really. The online info would have moved on long ago before anything can be printed, published, etc. So, IMO, that would be completely redundant.
Was referring to an official toucharcade app not apps in general. Truthfully I just dislike the newsstand app and the way Apple have forced it onto the homescreen it puts me off ever trying it out.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
10-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Was referring to an official toucharcade app not apps in general. Truthfully I just dislike the newsstand app and the way Apple have forced it onto the homescreen it puts me off ever trying it out.
It's actually very useful once you shed the whole "ew this is new" thing.
10-21-2011, 11:21 PM
I like newsstand as I'm a big magazine junkie, I just hope they get a bigger selection soon.

As for a Toucharcade magazine the next best thing would be if you have an iPad to get Flipboard (free) and load it with TA's twitter, Frontpage, and forum feeds. Works pretty great.

Gamecenter:1337brian