★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: !! WARNING !!

You are about to get sucked into the most addicting poker action this side of Las Vegas!

"If youre a poker lover or just love creative, challenging puzzle games, you may want to give this a try. " - Jamie young - AppAdvice

Suicide Kings is the ultimate fast action poker puzzle game that combines fast hands with fast thinking for an addictive double shot of poker fun! Drop the Flop to the River and score fast or take your time and set yourself up for the perfect hand. Suicide Kings is the perfect way to get your Texas Hold'em fix anytime, anywhere!

As three card 'Flops' slide across the table, you have to move them in to the 'River'. Once there, you can choose any five cards to build the best poker hand you can. The better the hand -- the better the payout.

As the stakes increase, so does the speed. Can you think fast and tap even faster? Use 'Focus' to temporarily stop time allowing you to catch a breather or plot out your course. Suicide Kings is...

- An amazingly addictive mix of shape sorting and pattern matching.

- Super easy to pick up, incredibly fun to play and yet difficult to master.

- A great way to challenge your friends with full Game Center Leaderboard support.

So get out there and try to break the bank.

Digital Leprechaun's comments:
To celebrate the release of Martian Miner and the fact that Halloween is the best Holiday, both games are 1/2 off starting today.

Web Link: http://www.digitalleprechaun.com
Press Release:http://www.digitalleprechaun.com/pre...kings10192011/

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-20-2011, 05:01 PM
I've been playing this for the last few days and the gameplay really is quite addictive!
The animations are smooth and you can tell great care has gone into getting the art style right. Great stuff!

Apparently you worked on Gears of War and Epic Citadel, what was it like working for Epic?

10-20-2011, 05:38 PM
This is indeed a fun game. It's a cross between poker and Tetris. It's got that "just one more try" feel to it.

The graphics are nice and the controls work, but I'd love to see more interactive touch controls. If the buttons at the bottom were removed, the gameplay area could be increased to full screen size. I think it would work well to grab and spin the pieces, or at the very least, a tap to spin option. The controls at the very bottom seem very disconnected, especially on the large screen of the iPad.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
10-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Working at Epic was amazing and I miss having access to the worlds best artists. I also miss an engine team who would just fix things

Quote:
but I'd love to see more interactive touch controls.
My first pass at this core game play had this and it was fun. You swiped left/right/down to move/drop the piece. Tapped on it to rotate. But and it's a big but, once I added the element of having to pick your own hand the controls get really muddled. It was especially bad once the speed ramps up. Play testing found that having buttons down there help the player organize his decisions when things were really moving.

I agree, it's cooler with swipes, especially early in the game... but it quickly becomes frustrating.
10-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Leprechaun View Post
My first pass at this core game play had this and it was fun. You swiped left/right/down to move/drop the piece. Tapped on it to rotate. But and it's a big but, once I added the element of having to pick your own hand the controls get really muddled. It was especially bad once the speed ramps up. Play testing found that having buttons down there help the player organize his decisions when things were really moving.

I agree, it's cooler with swipes, especially early in the game... but it quickly becomes frustrating.
I can understand this. The game gets quite hectic very quickly.

If you believe that the controls are optimized with the buttons, then I would ask that you add user customizeable control layouts. Where the controls are now, it makes it very tiring to have to hold the iPad up while keeping the fingers in place to use the controls, especially in portrait configuration. If the user has the ablility to move the buttons around to their liking, I think it would make for a better experience.

Better yet, allow for the game to be played in landscape configuration. There's plenty of room to keep the same gameplay area, but then that would add enough blank space on the sides to move the buttons up and down to the users' liking.

Overall it's a great game, but I think the button layout is the area that could use the most attention at this point. Right now, it's not very conducive to long play sessions, as I would think you would want.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
10-21-2011, 09:24 AM
I've had a couple of requests for landscape mode and it's on my list of things to look in to for later releases. Unfortunately landscape would only be workable on the ipads. I also like the idea of being able to configure the buttons.

I'm not sure I can get these in the next release which is mostly just a few bug fixes but I'll definitely look in to them. Thanks for buying it. Please leave a review if you can. Every review helps
10-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Hey everyone, Suicide Kings and Martian Miner are on sale. Check them out...
10-28-2011, 04:51 PM
I picked this game up this morning thinking it was a poker game! Was pleasantly surprises when it turned out to be a cool puzzle game like Tetris. Nice job.
10-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Glad you liked it. If you have an iPad why not try Martian Miner. And please leave a review.
10-30-2011, 07:52 PM