★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

10-20-2011, 02:47 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Does anyone know if this game is being made for iOS or if there is anything similar to it? I'm craving to play it on the go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut9oWWI0mWM
10-20-2011, 04:08 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 548
Loved that game! Would also like to see this one brought back for on the go action. Very underrated!

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5

10-20-2011, 04:10 PM
#3
It's already out

1) Jailbreak
2) Download the Snes emulator
3) Load the "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" (completely legit if you have SNES game bought)
4)Optional: use bluetooth Wii controller to play to bypass on screen buttons

Tada!

P.S. Here's a video in action w/ Mario:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7F0wXa33WY

I don't have time to watch the whole thing but if it shows pirating in any way you don't have to do that. Follow the steps above and it's completely legit.
10-20-2011, 04:15 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12
I've been aware of jailbreaking, but I'd like to have a legit port/remake that was designed for the app store, co-op, competitive, and everything else that doesnt need a jailbreak.

I'd pay a solid $5.99 if it met the requirements above.
10-20-2011, 04:21 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: The Kᴉll Switch
Posts: 7,325
Bad new for you then, in case you haven't heard yet.

http://www.maclife.com/article/news/...p_mobile_games

Sorry, and generally we put threads like this in general game discussion, not new releases.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
10-20-2011, 04:23 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: The distant future year 1999
Posts: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Bad new for you then, in case you haven't heard yet.

http://www.maclife.com/article/news/...p_mobile_games

Sorry, and generally we put threads like this in general game discussion, not new releases.
Zombies Ate My Neighbors is a Konami game, not Nintendo.
10-20-2011, 04:25 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: The Kᴉll Switch
Posts: 7,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
Zombies Ate My Neighbors is a Konami game, not Nintendo.
Just testing.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
10-20-2011, 05:05 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by balicus View Post
It's already out

1) Jailbreak
2) Download the Snes emulator
3) Load the "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" (completely legit if you have SNES game bought)
4)Optional: use bluetooth Wii controller to play to bypass on screen buttons

Tada!

P.S. Here's a video in action w/ Mario:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7F0wXa33WY

I don't have time to watch the whole thing but if it shows pirating in any way you don't have to do that. Follow the steps above and it's completely legit.
No it isn't. The legality of downloading a ROM of a cartridge you own has not been established, not in the US anyway. Nintendo is on record calling the practice "piracy" and it certainly has not been tested in any US court.

You can claim that this is a gray area and even justify it ethically. And o course there are several sites that provide ROMs quite openly. Nevertheless, it is quite definitely not totally legit.