★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Reactor LLC
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 19.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: NYAN 3D is a procedurally generated space adventure featuring feline Heroes from our beloved series of tubes: The Internets! We made NYAN 3D completely free so everyone can enjoy it. No ads. No lite version. No popups. A lot of hard work went into creating NYAN 3D, so if you want to see more updates and new games from us please consider buying the $0.99 Support the Developers In-App Purchase. Help us spread the word, rate and review NYAN 3D!

Check out the Official Game Trailer at:
http://www.nyan3d.com

A PROCEDURALLY EVOLVING UNIVERSE!
NYAN 3D randomly generates unique and challenging obstacles each round, so youll never play the same level twice. Difficulty automatically adjusts based on your overall performance.

DEFLECT OR DODGE OBSTACLES!
Blue tokens activate a shield to deflect obstacles or play dangerously and string together near miss combos for bonus points.

ENGAGE NYANSPEED!
Collect three gold tokens to go NYANSPEED! During this burst of speed, your Hero will deflect anything that get in the way.

UNLOCK NEW HEROES!
Heroes can be unlocked through various achievements: Travel over one million meters, collect a thousand tokens, near misses, and much more.

COMPETE FOR GLOBAL DOMINATION!
Dodge your way to the top! Your global rank is updated after each round. Compete in various Game Center leaderboards for both hardcore and casual players.

Sunnyside's comments:

Greetings toucharcade!

My name is Sunny, and I'm the 3D artist behind NYAN 3D. You can download FREE on the iTunes App Store! Check out the official launch trailer and enjoy the game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Rt3E23KR8

Download NYAN 3D from the iTunes App Store

NYAN 3D is a procedurally generated space adventure featuring many familiar Heroes from our beloved series of tubes: The Internets! We made NYAN 3D completely free so everyone can enjoy it. No ads. No lite version. No popups. A lot of hard work went into creating NYAN 3D, so if you want to see more updates and new games from us please consider buying the $0.99 In-App Purchase. You’ll unlock the exclusive Grid Cat Hero plus a new matching level. Your purchase will also unlock all playable Heroes instantly!

• A PROCEDURALLY EVOLVING UNIVERSE!
NYAN 3D randomly generates unique and challenging obstacles each round, so you’ll never play the same level twice. Difficulty automatically adjusts based on your overall performance.

• DEFLECT OR DODGE OBSTACLES!
Blue tokens activate a shield to deflect obstacles or play dangerously and string together near miss combos for bonus points.

• ENGAGE NYANSPEED!
Collect three gold tokens to go NYANSPEED! During this burst of speed, your Hero will deflect anything that get in the way.

• UNLOCK NEW HEROES!
Heroes can be unlocked through various achievements: Travel over one million meters, collect a thousand tokens, near misses, and much more.

• COMPETE FOR GLOBAL DOMINATION!
Dodge your way to the top! Your live global rank is updated after each round. Compete in various Game Center leaderboards for both hardcore and casual players.

[ NYAN 3D - HALLOWEEN / TRIBUTE UPDATE ]

NYAN 3D’s first update will be free for everyone. CATPAD4S is a tribute to a genius of our time. None of this would be possible without his innovative thinking and passion for technology. His revolutionary iProducts continue to inspire and challenge millions of people to think different and embrace the future. We’ll miss you Steve.

• PLAY YOUR OWN MUSIC IN-GAME
Pause NYAN 3D to access the new music player along the bottom. Create custom playlists, cycle through your songs, and toggle between audio sources seamlessly. Experience a new nostalgic Universe with CATPAD4S!

• HALLOWEEN COMES EARLY FOR NYAN 3D
Take to the skies with Broom Cat! Dodge pumpkins, candy corn, and other sweet but deadly treats in this challenging new Halloween themed Universe.
10-21-2011, 03:33 AM
Looks like a lot of fun, and it's great that it is procedurally generated - great stuff. Looking forward to trying this!

10-21-2011, 05:24 AM
LOL! This game will definitely make Toucharcade Podcast's kitty corner!!!
10-22-2011, 03:15 PM
We're slowly creeping up in rank all around the world! So far nearly 800 players are ranking in the leaderboards, and the top 25 cumulative combined distance traveled is over 11 million meters!

Thanks again for everyone's support! Stay tuned for a very very special holiday announcement...
10-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Lol I'm enjoying the heck out of this! I'll write a review when I'm 'bothered' somewhere in the near future.

Right now, I have a few complaints:
1. Music automatically restarts when you retry a stage. I tend to play high risky style so I die a lot and consequently hear the same intro of the songs a lot. Please make the music loop forever without restarting when I retry a stage.
2. When the player reaches somewhere like 10000 meters, the game literally throws an impenetrable wall of whatever obstacles at you to spell certain death. The thing is, it's inescapable and just feels downright cheap. How about just increasing the overall speed that the cat is traveling at instead of throwing more obstacles to the amount of unfair?
3. An SFX and BGM on/off option. I use a separate music player (see my sig) that does not interfere with other tasks. The game uses the iOS music player which I find to be obsolete so yeah, I refuse to use it. A BGM off option would've allowed me to listen to music and play the game with SFX at the same time.
10-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
I'm getting a big delay the first time the app asks me for music. Happens every time I close the app and reopen it. Otherwise, a pretty fun game

i'm a pretty kitty cat
10-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyside View Post
Your purchase will also unlock all playable Heroes instantly!
I take it this means that the IAP unlocks characters that can otherwise be unlocked through gameplay? If so, you will get no money from me until I've unlocked them all on my own. While IAP to unlock stuff is probably a boon for those that do not wish to work towards unlockables, bundling content unlocks with NEW content in the same IAP (seemingly a new iOS trend) is one of the most effective ways to scare off those of us who wants our games to last, and who wish to actually have stuff to work towards

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
10-23-2011, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
I take it this means that the IAP unlocks characters that can otherwise be unlocked through gameplay? If so, you will get no money from me until I've unlocked them all on my own. While IAP to unlock stuff is probably a boon for those that do not wish to work towards unlockables, bundling content unlocks with NEW content in the same IAP (seemingly a new iOS trend) is one of the most effective ways to scare off those of us who wants our games to last, and who wish to actually have stuff to work towards
Ayjona,

I appreciate the feedback. Yes, you can unlock the heroes through in-game achievements, Grid Cat is the only "exclusive" incentive to the IAP.

We plan on adding free unlocks alongside new content updates in the future. We wanna make a good name for ourselves, and the first step is ensuring our fanbase is happy and that we are listening and addressing their concerns.

We're looking into an integrated polling system so players can vote on what the next Hero will be, what new features take priority, what new playmode makes the cut, and a direct way to provide us feedback and suggestions to improve the NYAN 3D experience.
10-23-2011, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Lol I'm enjoying the heck out of this! I'll write a review when I'm 'bothered' somewhere in the near future.

Right now, I have a few complaints:
1. Music automatically restarts when you retry a stage. I tend to play high risky style so I die a lot and consequently hear the same intro of the songs a lot. Please make the music loop forever without restarting when I retry a stage.
2. When the player reaches somewhere like 10000 meters, the game literally throws an impenetrable wall of whatever obstacles at you to spell certain death. The thing is, it's inescapable and just feels downright cheap. How about just increasing the overall speed that the cat is traveling at instead of throwing more obstacles to the amount of unfair?
3. An SFX and BGM on/off option. I use a separate music player (see my sig) that does not interfere with other tasks. The game uses the iOS music player which I find to be obsolete so yeah, I refuse to use it. A BGM off option would've allowed me to listen to music and play the game with SFX at the same time.

Hey gunxsword! Glad to hear you're enjoying the game! To answer some of your concerns:

1. This will be fixed in the next update.
2. We're looking into a special ability to help players survive the occasional asteroid wall. The Procedural A.I. shifts the % balance of different sized asteroids to provide more dynamic encounters and situations during the mid/endgame.
3. We'll be adding a 3rd audio toggle option for "SFX Only" in the next update.
10-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
I take it this means that the IAP unlocks characters that can otherwise be unlocked through gameplay?
Yup you're absolutely correct. All but one cat (Tron bicycle) can be unlocked in normal gameplay by completing objectives such as travel x meters, achieve x near misses and collect x coins etc. All are cumulative.

I shelled out my dollar without considering the unlocks because the game just blew me away.
------------------------------------------------
To da devs:
Can you remove that tutorial screen before every game that I start with a new character? I think my 8 year old cousin can figure out the controls without even viewing the tutorial screen.

It's actually quite offensive and juvenile, to remind the player everytime that the LEFT HALF of the screen makes your character go up and the RIGHT HALF goes down.

Last edited by gunxsword; 10-23-2011 at 03:56 AM.