★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: UNCADE
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 24.1 MB
  • Version: 1.33
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: Run for your life!

Plundering an ancient tomb for treasure, the courageous Adventure Bob has gotten in a bit over his head. Escape from ghastly ghouls, skeletons, bats and traps in this action packed platforming adventure!

Haunted Hallway features clever level design and fantastic platforming challenges. Be sure to collect as many coins as you can to boost your score. If youre feeling particularly brave, you can grab diamonds for an extra challenge.

With some of the best touchscreen platforming controls available, Haunted Hallway will have you coming back again and again.

Features:
- Challenge mode with 24 levels
- Endless mode
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements
- iCade support
- iControlPad support through iCade emulation

Follow Uncade on Twitter: @UncadeGames

Gameplay Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeabkIdHRo

*** This game does not support 1st and 2nd generation devices. It supports the iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd gen (32gb), iPad 1 and up.

Uncade's comments:

10-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Looks nice. I'm not sure what this adds to the endless runner genre other than the collecting of coins/gems aspect. I'm assuming the gems are just worth more points than coins? I like the 2.5 graphics though...I'm a sucker for those.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

10-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Looks nice. I'm not sure what this adds to the endless runner genre other than the collecting of coins/gems aspect. I'm assuming the gems are just worth more points than coins? I like the 2.5 graphics though...I'm a sucker for those.
Thanks!

The main thing I think this adds, and what was most important to me in developing this game, is absolutely nailing the platforming controls. I always get frustrated when I see an awesome looking platformer and it controls terribly. I really do believe Haunted Hallway has some of, if not the best platforming controls out right now.

The gems are worth a lot more than the coins. I set them up so that they are usually dangerous to try and collect, to provide an extra challenge.
10-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncade View Post
Thanks!

The main thing I think this adds, and what was most important to me in developing this game, is absolutely nailing the platforming controls. I always get frustrated when I see an awesome looking platformer and it controls terribly. I really do believe Haunted Hallway has some of, if not the best platforming controls out right now.

The gems are worth a lot more than the coins. I set them up so that they are usually dangerous to try and collect, to provide an extra challenge.
This IS an endless runner, right? There aren't levels to complete?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
10-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
This IS an endless runner, right? There aren't levels to complete?
Yes, it is an endless runner, but with actual plaforming controls ala League of Evil or Mos Speedrun. You have to run right, as there is a spooky wall of doom advancing from the left that speeds up over time. The level is generated randomly, starting out easily, to eventually ridiculous but awesomely difficult sections.
10-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Made the purchase. Looks like a frantic Hook Champ platformer. Like the graphics. Post impressions tomorrow.

Also supporting the dev since it looks like a lot of hard work went into it. Thanks for being here on te forums!

*edit*

Played for a bit more. What you see in the video is pretty much what you get. I think there is room to add some Gamecenter leaderboards, maybe for most #of coins in a run, longest distance or most points. Also would be nice to get some achievements as well.

You really have a great foundation for a full fledged platformer. The graphics are nice and the controls feel good. As a runner, you're competing with a number of others. I do like that you've added the platforming elements, but other than beating my own local score, I'm afraid that there wouldn't be that incentive to continue. As you can maybe tell, I love Jetpack Joyride for the Extras thatade it unique to the endless runner/ flyer genre.

Don't take this as all negative, as I said, it really shows that you've put a lot of effort into making it a great platformer. I really wish it were a full fledged game.

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride

Last edited by MicroByte; 10-22-2011 at 12:01 AM.
10-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
Made the purchase. Looks like a frantic Hook Champ platformer. Like the graphics. Post impressions tomorrow.

Also supporting the dev since it looks like a lot of hard work went into it. Bthanks for being here on te forums!
Thanks, I really appreciate it, and I'm glad to be here on the forums

I'm looking forward to your impressions, and any suggestions for improvements for future versions would be awesome.
10-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post

Also supporting the dev since it looks like a lot of hard work went into it. Thanks for being here on te forums!

*edit*

Played for a bit more. What you see in the video is pretty much what you get. I think there is room to add some Gamecenter leaderboards, maybe for most #of coins in a run, longest distance or most points. Also would be nice to get some achievements as well.

You really have a great foundation for a full fledged platformer. The graphics are nice and the controls feel good. As a runner, you're competing with a number of others. I do like that you've added the platforming elements, but other than beating my own local score, I'm afraid that there wouldn't be that incentive to continue. As you can maybe tell, I love Jetpack Joyride for the Extras thatade it unique to the endless runner/ flyer genre.

Don't take this as all negative, as I said, it really shows that you've put a lot of effort into making it a great platformer. I really wish it were a full fledged game.
Thanks for the feedback, I don't take it as all negative at all, and it's really helpful.

Gamecenter is definitely coming in the first update. I wanted to release the game before Halloween, so I wasn't able to integrate it in time for the initial release. I'm also looking into adding iCade and Joypad support.

This game is absolutely the foundation to a full fledged platformer I wanted to make a game that gets the core gameplay right, get feedback and improve upon it, and then release basically the best platformer ever.
10-22-2011, 12:30 AM
Looks great, but unless Game Center gets added in for achievements and leaderboards I'll pass.

Edit: Just saw the previous post about GC getting added on, so this game will be on my buy list as soon as I can get another iTunes card. This Wednesday was expensive for games this week.

Game Center ID: Snooptalian

Last edited by Snooptalian; 10-22-2011 at 01:08 AM.
10-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Glad to hear you're dedicated. Played more and it's grown on me. I do like the sense of urgency with the death demon always close behind. With a reward or incentive to keep playing (GC), maybe some more varied items to collect, this could stand out from the others.

Also, have you considered some power ups maybe? Something like an item that would slow down the demon or give you invincibility?

Also. While the engine is great, maybe a little more variety to the dungeon somehow?

As I mentioned, I'm liking what's here, just want some more!

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride