★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App to check Final Fantasy XIV stats might come to iOS

10-21-2011, 11:24 PM
App to check Final Fantasy XIV stats might come to iOS

Quote:
Yoshida also discussed the possibility of the game receiving an app for other platforms, such as PlayStation Vita and smartphones, that would allow players to check in-game stats.

"Currently this is all post-2.0, but because we're doing a reconstruction of our server system, in those plans, we're going to make sure that the servers can be accessed by outside devices such as smart phones," he said. "Not just the Vita, but also smart phones, so that kind of access will be allowed. What that will open the door to is things like applications that people can used to check their inventory, or check the market and purchase things from the auctions. Those are the things we are laying for in our server foundation, so we can be ready to implement those after 2.0."
http://wireless.ign.com/articles/121/1210312p1.html

Does that mean it might come to iOS?

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
10-21-2011, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't bet on it. If anything, it'd come to the Xperia first.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
10-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
I wouldn't bet on it. If anything, it'd come to the Xperia first.
Probably.

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
10-22-2011, 01:29 AM
That would be awesome, however judging off of that excerpt it seems like it's just an app that allows players to check how they're doing in the game on their PS3 / 360 / PC from their iPhone and buy stuff from Auctions, etc. You'd still need the actual game and this wouldn't be the full one

GameCenter: Raro

10-22-2011, 08:12 AM
If it does happen i bet they will do it late 2012 for the iphone 5 or something
10-22-2011, 08:46 AM
All they're talking about is an app like the one for Call of Duty Elite that allows you to check on your character, trade, etc. There's a similar one for WoW on iOS, and, if Square makes it, you can almost be certain that its coming to iOS. The point of such apps is to serve as marketing for the commercial release, and considering the size of the iOS market (and how many gamers have iOS devices), it's pretty much a no brainer.