★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Break Media
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 23.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Zombie Parkour Runner is not just a recommended game, its a must have. Christopher Mack, Gamezebo.com

a surprisingly large amount of gameplay Justin Davis, IGN.com

Run like your brain depends on it!

Whats worse than zombies who eat brains? Zombies who eat brains *AND* steal all of your stuff! And whats better than shotguns for dealing with zombies? Parkour, of course!

Use awe-inspiring parkour skills to navigate your way through the city using everything in your path to put distance between yourself and the rotting undead. Vault over obstacles, jump from rooftops, run across billboards, swing and zip over huge gaps no zombie can stop you. Who needs shotguns and shovels when you have moves like this?

Run and jump through 24 levels over city rooftops, construction areas, and an amusement park filled with more mindless shambling hordes than Disneyland on a summer Saturday. Do you have what it takes to get back all of your stuff while not becoming just another meal for the brain-starved?

TONS of Zombiesthere are jockey zombies, giant zombies, diver zombies, wheelchair zombies, hippie zombies, and even plain old zombie zombies for the zombie purists. Theres a zombie for everyone!

Overachievers take note: if merely surviving isnt enough, you can unlock levels and new areas, accumulate coins and collectibles, master achievements through OpenFeint or Game Center, and attempt to get three stars on every level. Just dont hurt your tasty brain trying to get through it all.

GIFT THIS APP: Click the Buy App arrow on the iTunes® App Store

Get all your Zombie Parkour Runner info online:
Visit Us: www.runzombies.com
Like Us: www.facebook.com/ZPRunner

Compatible with iPod touch 3rd gen and above, iPhone 3gs and above, and all iPads.

goiMot's comments:

10-22-2011, 05:30 PM
I thought this would be wicked...

The video makes it seem like a glorified sequence of quick-time events. Now I'm gonna have to wait for impressions.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.

10-22-2011, 06:16 PM
I have been playing it for a day or so and I like it. It is a distance runner game with a few extra moves thrown in.
10-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmmm... interesting interesting. =oD
10-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Looks pretty cool.

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
10-22-2011, 09:16 PM
At the risk of stamping myself as unhip, what the heck is parkour?
10-22-2011, 09:19 PM
I decided to check it out and it is pretty cool. Don't go into it expecting Mirror's Edge or something. As Echoseven guessed, a good part of the parkour moves are simply tapping at the right time. But there are areas - like wall running - where you have to continue tapping to stay up, so it's not all QTE type gameplay. I'm hoping there's more changes in gameplay as I go on.

I also like that it's level based and not just another endless runner. There's some humorous billboards and the levels change things up a bit with branching paths and stuff.

Have to play some more to give it a final thumbs up, but seems pretty fun so far.

Oh and didn't see this: "Compatible with iPod touch 3rd gen and above, iPhone 3gs and above, and all iPads." Not sure why that's there. Runs fine on my 2G.

Last edited by awp69; 10-22-2011 at 09:22 PM.
10-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Free running, using your body to the best of it's abilities to reach anywhere... =oP

Mirrors Edge is a very good example of parkour...
10-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Here you go:

Congregation of the jealous is now gathering in room 2.

More specifically, Parkour is the stuff he does on the street, not in the gymnastics stadium.

Edit: Actually, this is probably a better demonstration of the spirit of parkour.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.

Last edited by Echoseven; 10-22-2011 at 09:58 PM.
10-23-2011, 01:41 AM
Game Impressions

Zombie Parkour Runner is the best endless runner to hit the app store in quite a while. Spunky protagonist, original characters, billboard Parkour, enemy takedowns, in-air attacks, grappling, zip lines, hidden goodies, and great replay value. You'll want to 3-star all of these levels. Canabalt meets Mirror's Edge was the pitch and it was a good one.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL