★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ImpossibleExam, Skateboard Skate, Finger Sprint

11-11-2008, 11:14 PM
ImpossibleExam, Skateboard Skate, Finger Sprint

I got an ipod touch and when i go in the app store to search for it, they dont come up. but they look raw.
11-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Sometimes apps don't show up for awhile.. if those apps are on the store, google their main websites and get the direct links

11-11-2008, 11:51 PM
None of those look worth digging too hard for.

The skateboard one looks like a cheap copy of Touchgrind and the exam one is made by AAAplications.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
11-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
None of those look worth digging too hard for.

The skateboard one looks like a cheap copy of Touchgrind and the exam one is made by AAAplications.
Yea, I think I'll wait for touchgrind
11-12-2008, 08:46 AM
The impossible exam seems like some sort of scam to me....
You get an iTunes card if you're the 21st person to get it right.
However, developer says you can't get it right, but then you can pay an additional $.99 for the answer key?
Something in here just doesn't add up and smells fishy to me...
11-12-2008, 10:30 AM
There's a game like that on jailbroken phones. It just asks some actual trivia questions and other random questions that make no sense, and the right answer makes no sense. But it was free on the jailbroken phones. It seems like this developer wants tons of people to buy the app and the answer key for $4 in order to win $10. I assume that the developer won't announce a winner for a while in order to get more purchases. This developer also copied a game from the papi developer and removed it later. It may not be a scam as long as the developer pays the $10 as promised, but the game itself is likely a bunch of baloney. I'm sure that if this developer makes money with this app, he/she will be producing apps like this for all categories (Sports, Movies, Geography, History, etc.). It will be like the DS Effects developer with his/her crappy apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
The impossible exam seems like some sort of scam to me....
You get an iTunes card if you're the 21st person to get it right.
However, developer says you can't get it right, but then you can pay an additional $.99 for the answer key?
Something in here just doesn't add up and smells fishy to me...
11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I don't know, for some reason, impossible exam looks fun. I know, I hate AAAplications, but this looks fun for some reason. I might get it, to see what it's like
11-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy1997 View Post
There's a game like that on jailbroken phones. It just asks some actual trivia questions and other random questions that make no sense, and the right answer makes no sense. But it was free on the jailbroken phones. It seems like this developer wants tons of people to buy the app and the answer key for $4 in order to win $10. I assume that the developer won't announce a winner for a while in order to get more purchases. This developer also copied a game from the papi developer and removed it later. It may not be a scam as long as the developer pays the $10 as promised, but the game itself is likely a bunch of baloney. I'm sure that if this developer makes money with this app, he/she will be producing apps like this for all categories (Sports, Movies, Geography, History, etc.). It will be like the DS Effects developer with his/her crappy apps.
Oh, it's this developer....that about says it all!!
And while it's not a "scam" to actually pay up the $10 as promised, it is a scam when the developer will for sure hold off on announcing it as long as possible. In essence, what this will do is have consumers purchasing this app hoping to be the 21st person only to find out (though they'll never find out) that they were in fact the 100th person to answer correctly (or whatever number you want to use)...
11-12-2008, 12:35 PM
At least wait for the price to drop to $0.99. Otherwise, this developer will think that this app is worth $3! I like the fact that there is a "Tell A Friend" option so that it will make it easier for more people to purchase this garbage. At least it was free on jailbroken phones. It's not even this developer's concept to have a quiz with nonsense on the iPhone (see here from May of 2008: http://iphonefreakz.com/2008/05/14/i...or-ipod-touch/ AND http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wor...possible-quiz/ ). Maybe I will write to the developers of the other game so that they will port it to the AppStore. At least the presentation of the app on the jailbroken phones looks more polished. The quality of the version on the AppStore looks crappy.

This app can be fun in a dumb kind of way because it contains trivia that makes no sense, but this developer seems to put out some crap apps and should not be encouraged. That's my opinion on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLDROFHLA View Post
I don't know, for some reason, impossible exam looks fun. I know, I hate AAAplications, but this looks fun for some reason. I might get it, to see what it's like
11-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I used to hate these guys for the papi incident, but they gained my respect back with the impossible exam. This app isn't crap and I think it will make it to the top 25 it's great