★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Elecorn
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 37.0 MB
  • Version: 1.3.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: If you liked Caster, consider purchasing the even more adrenaline pumping eardrum thumping desktop version on Mac, Windows, Linux, Steam, or the new Mac App Store!

www.casterthegame.com

Thanks for your support!

Caster is an Intense High Speed 3rd person shooter with Explosive Effects and Massive Terrain Deformation! As a rookie Caster, you are assigned to rid the Middon region of a serious infestation of bug like creatures known as the Flanx.

If you like Metroid, Mega Man, Anime, Manga, or shooters in general, you absolutely MUST check out this game.

REVIEWS:

"We make no bones about it, we love Caster...once you get sucked into the world of Caster the rest of life will move in slow motion".
--GameTunnel.com (Indie Game Round-Up [April 2009])

"It's your pathway to total power and youll love blasting your way through every second of it".
--Mike Rose (www.Independently-Speaking.com)

"I immediately fell in love with Caster's simple premise and retro-style gameplay, and I enjoyed every moment of it through the epic final boss battle. Want more, please."
--John Bardinelli (www.bardinelli.com)

"...[ Elecorn ]'s done a superb job of creating an action game where you run, jump and hurl spells into a colourful 3D world".
--Jim Rossignol (www.rockpapershotgun.com)

"...Caster's shining moments - some brilliantly thought out levels and a truly original boss ending - are a sign of great things to come."
--Alex McLarty (www.themacgamer.com)

"The bottom line is if you like action games, Caster is a must buy."
--Zak, Mike (funeffect.com)

FEATURES:

- Fast Action!
- Massive Terrain Destruction!
- 6 Attacks of Sheer Power and Awesomeness!
- 22 Unique Open World Landscapes!
- 2 Playable Characters!
- Jump hundreds of feet into the air!
- Dash at super human speeds!
- Pulse pounding music and sound!
- Fantastic 3rd person controls!
- 3 Difficulty levels, Casual, Normal, and EXTREME!
- Sci-fi anime style storyline. All new episodes FREE!

Check out Caster in action here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCWZV9xPa0M

KEYWORDS:

Mega Man, Metroid, PN03, Dragon Ball Z, Anime, Manga, Naruto, Bleach, Akira, Evangelion, Bleach, Shooter, Action, Speed, Ninja

ericxd's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=314016604&mt=8
05-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Sweet there is a lite version too. I'll try it and I might TOFTT.

05-02-2009, 06:10 PM
This looks so great. I am so impulsive I am downloading it now.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Looks interesting, here's the link to lite version.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=314016540

Youtube link | Pop Up

Early gameplay video.
05-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
This looks so great. I am so impulsive I am downloading it now.
Let us now how it is.

05-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm on the road but will impressions up later tonight.
05-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Wow the lite version is awesome! I might just have to get the full version which has the other 3 spells and all the levels. Controls are really good too and I love the ability to change views to my liking.

Edit: Whoa! the landscape deforming is awesome too, when I use my bomb spell I make a huge hole. When I use my landform spell I can make my own mountains. Double jump and sprint are fun too.

05-02-2009, 06:16 PM
I remember the early gameplay vid. Looks promising...hope ts lengthy. I'm grabbing the lite version.

Game Center: Diligence
05-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
I remember the early gameplay vid. Looks promising...hope ts lengthy. I'm grabbing the lite version.
It looks to be very lengthy, and I love the sandbox style game play. The animation is fluid too, and aiming is easy.

05-02-2009, 06:20 PM
I will have to try out the lite

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.