★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iHero

05-02-2009, 06:30 PM

Looks like another menu driven RPG.

Ever wanted to have super healing powers, control time, or just fire a blast of radiation out of your hands? Well now you can in the fast-paced world of iHero. Waking up in an alley with nothing more than an old scroll and a feeling of uneasiness, the dark secrets of the Brotherhood of Night begin to unfold.

Travel the globe and build up your character as you learn new powers, find helpful items, unlock new locations, and unravel the mystery of your past. With regular content updates everyone should be able to find their inner hero.

Helpful notes for new players:
•Tap ‘Powers’ to choose your first power.
•Tap ‘Actions’ to improve powers you’ve already learned.
•Tap on your avatar in the Hero edit view and switch your image.
•Tap on your avatar in any other view to see any status effects you have.
•New avatars are available after every boss fight.
•When you have run out of Energy Points (EP), punch is a good option. Tap it as quickly as possible until your power returns while fighting.
•The current level of your hero is in the upper-left corner.

Good luck out there Hero!

(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Looks like an iMMO. Can anyone confirm this?

05-02-2009, 06:32 PM

What can I say? Very nice graphics.

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
05-02-2009, 06:40 PM
iHero? i'd rather have aHoagie!

Looks kinda fun, does anyone play this though?

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
05-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Damn that looks interesting.
I unfortunately just have visions of Watchmen swirling in my head so I'm unable to take the leap before hearing something about this, but I'm definitely intrigued.
Please, whatever you do if you're going to review the game, please DO NOT mention the word "potential"!!!! (anyone who has read my thoughts on Watchmen will understand why).
05-02-2009, 07:09 PM
I wish devs would keep the art style consistent through the game. I mean, really? That cheeseburger does not fit into a midieval fantasy world.
05-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I wish devs would keep the art style consistent through the game. I mean, really? That cheeseburger does not fit into a midieval fantasy world.
Neither does the hand grenade TBH

Anyway, CozyQuest is easily the best MMO on the iPhone with possibly the most active developer for any app. I think I will pass on this.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
05-02-2009, 07:14 PM
I might get this cuz i love the show heroes/