★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

BombSquad

10-24-2011, 12:42 AM
BombSquad

Hi All!
My game 'BombSquad' has just gone live at a launch sale price of $4.99. I've been working on it in my free time for years and I'd love to hear what people think. PM me if you'd like a promo-code for testing it out.

It shines most in competitive multiplayer modes, but here's an example of its 'Onslaught' co-op mode with one player:

Enjoy!
-eric
10-24-2011, 01:19 AM
Bombastic Fun

I was able to obtain a code and after playing the game for several minutes, fell in love. The game is continuously fun with solid graphics, sound, and most of all gameplay. The ability to use the xbox or PS3 controllers is a huge plus and makes the game much easier to play. For all that are looking for a fun and exciting game, look no further, Bomb Squad Rocks!

10-24-2011, 02:05 AM
Looks hilarious!

www.oneclickmac.com - News, Reviews and Discussion on Mac App Store Gaming.

Latest Reviews:
RAGE Mafia II Doodle Fit
10-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Halloween Sale

Quick heads-up that I'm dropping BombSquad's price to $1.99 as a halloween sale.. Enjoy!
10-25-2011, 06:04 PM
I wanna MAC.....
11-05-2011, 04:01 PM
it's on 0.99$ sale... I bought the game and it's definitely great!
To be honest, I thought that besides local it also had internet multiplayer. This would really make the game a must-have.
11-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Midway through development I had to make one of those tough decisions about whether to spend my time getting internet multiplayer working or trying to make local multiplayer as accessible as possible (wiimote, iPhone, ps3 support, etc). I wound up going with the latter, but hopefully I can revisit the internet option at some point...
11-06-2011, 01:39 PM
from another Developer the art and gameplay is top notch.

What engine did you make BombSquad in efroemling? Unity or roll your own?

- Matt
11-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks!;
I rolled my own engine for BombSquad; partly because because I started it as a hobby a long time ago and Unity wasn't available at the time. If I were starting over today I'd definitely take a close look at Unity or other engines..
-Eric
11-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by efroemling View Post
Midway through development I had to make one of those tough decisions about whether to spend my time getting internet multiplayer working or trying to make local multiplayer as accessible as possible (wiimote, iPhone, ps3 support, etc). I wound up going with the latter, but hopefully I can revisit the internet option at some point...
BombSquad is great! Just played it with my family and it was a blast. Although I'd love to see Internet multiplayer, you made the right call with accessibility for local multiplayer. We were able to hook up several wii-motes and a gamepad, which was very nice.

Keep up the great work!