★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Devils at the Gate: Total Resistance (iPad only) --> FREE

10-24-2011, 05:43 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Devils at the Gate: Total Resistance (iPad only) --> FREE

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
10-24-2011, 09:57 AM
This looks interesting. Opinions?

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!

10-24-2011, 11:28 AM
choked full of IAPs
10-24-2011, 01:03 PM
This may be a reach, but this seems pretty clearly racist. The "patriots" are wearing Chinese uniforms and the "devils" have Japanese uniforms. I know they have a terrible history, but it doesn't make this any more acceptable.
10-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssdf View Post
This may be a reach, but this seems pretty clearly racist. The "patriots" are wearing Chinese uniforms and the "devils" have Japanese uniforms. I know they have a terrible history, but it doesn't make this any more acceptable.
Not a reach at all. Look at screenshot 4 - that's every bit as horrible as a caricature of someone in blackface. I may download this just to be able to leave a negative review, something which I've never felt compelled to do before.
10-24-2011, 02:03 PM
what a shame

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!
10-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssdf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
Not a reach at all. Look at screenshot 4 - that's every bit as horrible as a caricature of someone in blackface. I may download this just to be able to leave a negative review, something which I've never felt compelled to do before.

LOL !!!

How is that racist? The Nazi were parody and made fun of in games, movies, TV and various of mediums. The Japanese committed even more heinous crimes than the Germans. And now people call this racist?! All I can see is hypocrisy and double standards.

Perhaps you are going to start calling Wolfenstein 3D racist too?

Last edited by BallsToTheWall; 10-25-2011 at 09:23 AM.
10-25-2011, 09:16 AM
It's a too simple TD game...played and deleted.

And yes...chock-full of IAP.

OldskoolNL.nl : "Not Old, Just Older"
10-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsToTheWall View Post
LOL !!!

How is that racist? The Nazi were parody and made fun of in games, movies, TV and various of mediums. The Japanese committed even more heinous crimes than the Germans. And now people call this racist?! All I can see is hypocrisy and double standards.

Perhaps you are going to start calling Wolfenstein 3D racist too?

{sigh} ...some people complained about Pocket God's Pygmies too for crying out loud. RACIST is one of the most overused/abused words today...to the point that the word has lost much of it's meaning.

iOS - 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod Touch (1st Gen), 16Gb iPad (3rd Gen)
Devs - I have access to all gens of iPads (1st, 2nd, 3rd)...hit me up for Beta Testing.