★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SilkWorm 3D - Impressions?

11-12-2008, 02:52 AM
SilkWorm 3D - Impressions?

Noticed this game today for the first time as a price reduced app, and don't even remember it initially coming out, and not a single review is posted on iTunes. From the one screenshot it looks good. Has anyone bought it and liked it? Hated it? Why?
On that note, is it that hard to put more than one stinking image on a game? What, your fingers got tired somewhere half-way into posting the g*d d*mn thing and you figured one was enough? I'm trying to impulsively buy your stupid $2 application, but I can't even do that because if thats the kind of effort you put into promoting the game I am only left to imagine what effort is put into actually making it. Get on it mister developer.
11-12-2008, 05:21 AM
I've played it.

It's ok. I guess it depends how much you like Snake games. I don't generally like snake games.

You use the accelerometer to control the snake around a sphere. Controls are smooth. But it's still snake.

arn

11-12-2008, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
I guess it depends how much you like Snake games. I don't generally like snake games.
Made me chuckle.

This game reminds me a lot of MacSwear. Why not try that out, it's free.
11-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Ah, pity... from the thread's title I thought this would be a remake of that old Amiga co-op arcade shooter "SilkWorm".
11-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-row View Post
ah, pity... From the thread's title i thought this would be a remake of that old amiga co-op arcade shooter "silkworm".
me tooooo!!!!
11-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
Ah, pity... from the thread's title I thought this would be a remake of that old Amiga co-op arcade shooter "SilkWorm".
That game was awesome! But i wonder why was it named silkworm.

After reading this I actually downloaded the lite version and I'm not impressed. The controls are awkward and the graphics are subpar.
11-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
Add me to that list.

iPhone 6s Plus: (64GB 'Bro' Gold)
iPad Air: (64GB Wi-Fi Space Grey)
MFi controller: SteelSeries Stratus.
Retina MacBook Pro(2012): (2.7GHz i7 - 16GB RAM - 512GB SSD)