★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Yo, do you like ramen and bullets?

YES?!?

Then strap in for ENDLESS BULLET DODGE PANIC!

World famous ramen chef JONNY POWERSLIDES girlfriend has been kidnapped by the nefarious Baron Wonton. Now Jonny's in a wicked rage and ready to SUPER DASH COMBO INTO FIERCE AND SAVE THE DAY.

Hurtle at LITERAL MEGA SPEED down the HIGHWAY OF BULLET HELL, icing bad guys, destroying CHAOS FORTRESSES and slurpin' on delicious noodles as you SAVE COOKIE!

This game probably has the best features of any game. We wouldn't lie to you.

- Mechs!
- Bullets!
- Number-based scores!
- Flashing hearts!
- A deeply emotional love story that made one player feel "emotionally distraught."
- A gun that fires three (3) bullets at once!

SUCKA MCS NEED NOT APPLY.

- Supports OpenFeint and Game Center!
- Configurable Controls!
- Can be played vertically or horizontally!
- Requires at least iOS 4.0 (3GS / iPod Touch 3rd Gen or newer recommended)

--------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Due to popular demand, both modes have multi touch and auto fire controls, a new weapon and new leaderboards. We've added Chaos Fortress Rush Mode with new bosses, a new background, a new player costume and new music. It's all bosses, all the time baby! We've also added Hyper Spicy Mode which is full of bad dudes that need dying. New enemies, new backgrounds, new mech suit for Jonny and new music!

--------------------------------------

"I had absolute fun with this title" 4/5 stars VVGTV

"This endless bullet dodging tap-to-fire arcade based shoot-em-up is one of the more intense titles to grace the iDevice" - The App Shack - 8/10

"Wonton 51 is worth the price of admission... Anyone who has a delicious affinity for games that weigh ample amount of punishment against reward will enjoy Wonton 51s healthy mix of enemies, anime-style gameplay and a slice of taunting bullet hell." - Chicago Examiner - 4/5

"Wonton 51 is a delightful little game that really evokes everything that was great about classic shmups." - Bits n Bytes Gaming - Recommended#

"I told you it's a bit of a looker." - DIY Gamer

***Featured by Apple on the iTunes Home Page in the United States, Canada, China and Mexico in "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot"!***

Top 100 Games in Portugal, Taiwan, France and Saudi Arabia!
Top 500 Games in over 40 territories!

Thank you to everyone who's played Wonton 51!

doodlejumper's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 18 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Requirements : Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.

iPhone Screenshots

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 18 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99
10-24-2011, 02:36 PM
From their website (not necessarily the final app description):
Quote:
Yo, do you like ramen and bullets?

YES?!?

Then strap in for ENDLESS BULLET DODGE PANIC!

World famous ramen chef JONNY POWERSLIDE’S girlfriend has been kidnapped by the nefarious Baron Wonton. Now Jonny's in a wicked rage and ready to SUPER DASH COMBO INTO FIERCE AND SAVE THE DAY.

Hurtle at LITERAL MEGA SPEED down the HIGHWAY OF BULLET HELL, icing bad guys, destroying CHAOS FORTRESSES and slurpin' on delicious noodles as you SAVE COOKIE!

This game probably has the best features of any game. We wouldn't lie to you.

Mechs!
Bullets!
Number-based scores!
Flashing hearts!
A deeply emotional love story that made one player feel "emotionally distraught."
A gun that fires three (3) bullets at once!
So, what are you waiting for?

SUCKA MCS NEED NOT APPLY.

This a hard, score based game in the style of old retro arcade shooters. Not for the faint of heart!

Supports Open Feint and Game Center!
Configurable Controls!
Can be played vertically or horizontally!
Runs on iPhone 3G upwards! (Requires iOS 4.0 or greater)

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

10-24-2011, 02:40 PM
remember someone posting this in the bullet hell group, saying to keep an eye out. looks like fun!

gamecenter ID: kill.whitey
10-24-2011, 02:45 PM
I worked on this, thanks for the post! I'm glad that shmup lovers are keeping an eye out for it as it's who we made it for.

So excited to see what people think! *Bounces*

- Rachel

Wonton 51, possibly the best pixelly ramen-themed iOS bullet-hell shmup in the world.
Twitter: QCPGameworks
http://wonton51.com
10-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Got a few Bucks left so...i will give it a try and report back as soon as i will be back from Work.
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
really enjoying this game! I was surprised when I found out that extra points are awarded for grazing the buildings that you need to dodge.

However, it is kind of hard to see what's going on on parts of the screen when you're needing to tap the enemies to shoot at them, as well as drag your finger along the bottom of the screen to move your character and dodge bullets at the same time. If you want to see the whole screen, you need to hold your device pretty uncomfortably...

I don't know what they could do to fix it... but that seems to be the biggest (and only) issue with the game I've found so far.
10-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Maybe there could be a bar at the bottom where you slide your finger to move, as well as a shoot button that fires missiles straight in front of your current position that you press with your other hand?

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
10-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Maybe there could be a bar at the bottom where you slide your finger to move, as well as a shoot button that fires missiles straight in front of your current position that you press with your other hand?
Maybe, but a lot of the time, the enemies are behind buildings, and you need to shoot at an angle to hit them...
10-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Agree about the controls. My fingers are covering up a lot of the screen when shooting. Plus only one life? That ruins it a lot for me

Wish there was an option just to fire vertically automatically

Last edited by psj3809; 10-24-2011 at 06:30 PM.
10-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Not really interested in bullet hell shooters, but the artwork is sickk!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!