★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iStack (a.k.a. Speed Stacking)

05-02-2009, 08:50 PM
iStack (a.k.a. Speed Stacking)

Has anyone tried this game? It's actually a real sport and it was in the Olympics! It looks pretty good. I just don't understand how well this would play on an iPhone/iPod Touch.

Youtube link | Pop Up

iStack, 1.99

Quote:
Stack® is the official Speed Stacks sport stacking game (also known as cup stacking or speed stacking) for iPhone and iPod Touch. Approved by the World Sport Stacking Association (WSSA), iStack lets you stack anywhere.

Test your finger stacking skills with one of the three WSSA competition stacks; the 3-3-3, 3-6-3, or the challenging Cycle Stack. iStack’s built-in StackMat works just like the real thing by timing your stacking and storing your 10 fastest times for each of the 3 stacks. The iStack timer can even be used to time yourself when stacking with real Speed Stacks cups.

So your best stacking times can be compared with others, iStack only allows you to stack using the official WSSA sequences but once you have finished the stack, the game goes into free stack mode, which allows you to play around and practice your moves.

iStack has fun sound effects, cool graphics, and lets you choose your cup color and StackMat design. And if your not sure how to do any of the 3 official stacks, just select one of the six Speed Stacks stacker training sessions from the setup screen (Internet connection required).
05-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Interesting. It's a blast in real life.......but I'll pass.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95

05-02-2009, 08:53 PM
i remember they made us do this in gym class. haha. they always tried to get us hooked, they always said, "it was a real sport played by real athletes and it requires skill, dexterity and speed" So what, I don't want to stack cups for a living lolz
05-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
Interesting. It's a blast in real life.......but I'll pass.
Yea, I just wanted to see what others thought about it and how good the gameplay is on it. I posted a video in which the controls look pretty good. I might get it later if I have a couple spare dollars.
05-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFonePhanatic View Post
Yea, I just wanted to see what others thought about it and how good the gameplay is on it. I posted a video in which the controls look pretty good. I might get it later if I have a couple spare dollars.
Did you not watch the video??

He struggled miserably with the controls

Twitter: @Zincous
05-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Did you not watch the video??

He struggled miserably with the controls
What made you think that? I think he did very well with the controls and they look pretty responsive
05-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFonePhanatic View Post
What made you think that? I think he did very well with the controls and they look pretty responsive
watch 1:50 till like 2:05

He messes up like 5 times trying to do the same exact thing over and over.

Either he was playing wrong, or he couldn't get the cup on.

Twitter: @Zincous
05-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppajoe View Post
i remember they made us do this in gym class. haha. they always tried to get us hooked, they always said, "it was a real sport played by real athletes and it requires skill, dexterity and speed" So what, I don't want to stack cups for a living lolz
Yep, it could have been alright yet they kept pushing until I wanted to hate it. And I did.
05-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
watch 1:50 till like 2:05

He messes up like 5 times trying to do the same exact thing over and over.

Either he was playing wrong, or he couldn't get the cup on.
Yea he did really good in most of the vid though. Idk, maybe it was just him, or maybe it was the game
05-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Worst_Olympic_Event EVAR.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL