★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Worth it to download Gameloft games anymore?

10-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Worth it to download Gameloft games anymore?

Gameloft has just removed Brothers in Arms 2 from the App Store, and has replaced it with a freemium version, Brothers in Arms 2 Free +. Gameloft has also pulled a similar stunt in the past with their Let's Golf series. (They removed Let's Golf 1 and 2 after releasing the freemium Let's Golf 3 on the app store)

Is it safe to download any Gameloft games anymore? For all I know, the game could be pulled from the store any day, and be replaced by a freemium!
Your guys' thoughts?
10-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfong View Post
Gameloft has just removed Brothers in Arms 2 from the App Store, and has replaced it with a freemium version, Brothers in Arms 2 Free +. Gameloft has also pulled a similar stunt in the past with their Let's Golf series. (They removed Let's Golf 1 and 2 after releasing the freemium Let's Golf 3 on the app store)

Is it safe to download any Gameloft games anymore? For all I know, the game could be pulled from the store any day, and be replaced by a freemium!
Your guys' thoughts?
If a game you bought gets pulled, you should be able to restore it if you've backed it up.

10-25-2011, 11:04 PM
You can also go to the "Purchased" section of iTunes and re-download anything pulled. Since that was added I don't find a problem with it.

Playing: Infinity Blade II, Angry Birds
Favorites: Puzzle Agent, Paladog, Game Dev Story, Lara Croft
Beta Tested: Fara, Monster Trainer, Homerun Battle 2
10-25-2011, 11:34 PM
OMG, I haven't downloaded Brother in arms 2 that was purchased last sale. Now I can't find it in iTunes purchased section.
10-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I understand that we can redownload games even after they are pulled, but I'm just upset that the game I may pay for in the future may eventually be replaced with a free version. It just seems that Gameloft is intent on ripping off customers, which is why I'm not sure whether I should buy a game or wait until its freemium counterpart replaces it.
10-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I understand that we can redownload games even after they are pulled, but I'm just upset that the game I may pay for in the future may eventually be replaced with a free version. It just seems that Gameloft is intent on ripping off customers, which is why I'm not sure whether I should buy a game or wait until its freemium counterpart replaces it.
Just remember this: Gameloft will never
a. Do this with one of their top sellers (it's stupid financially when you're doing well)
b. Give away a premium version free forever. There IS a big difference here, you still have the full version.

I don't want a signature.
10-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Quote:
how to redownload?
10-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Let's Golf 2 is Gameloft's greatest work IMHO. It's a real shame that they pulled it, as it is a great demonstration of Gameloft's capabilities. LG 3 is utter crap, even when ignoring the energy system. I think what Gameloft is doing is just hurting itself.

Waiting for: Chaos Rings II, Phoenix Wright 123
I will always love: Kairosoft and CAVE Co. Ltd., Capcom, Godzilab, Simogo
Feel free to add me on Gamecenter; I'm Kirbychewy!
Dodonpachi is no longer my favorite iOS game.
10-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
Just remember this: Gameloft will never
a. Do this with one of their top sellers (it's stupid financially when you're doing well)
b. Give away a premium version free forever. There IS a big difference here, you still have the full version.
Meh, I thought BIA2 was a pretty good game back when it came out (though I never felt the need to purchase it).
I agree with b, though. Just still upset that Gameloft has the nerve to pull full games from the App Store, and then give reasons like the "license expired", instead of telling the truth.
10-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Meh, I thought BIA2 was a pretty good game back when it came out (though I never felt the need to purchase it).
I agree with b, though. Just still upset that Gameloft has the nerve to pull full games from the App Store, and then give reasons like the "license expired", instead of telling the truth.
Hi, how to redownload? I can't find BIA2 in purchased section. I'm very upset too!