Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
this one... yeah, you can keep tapping on the screen to skip the story (there isn't a skip button) - and then use the map and quest icon to find out where you need to go...

Funny, I spend time with the story, and usually hit auto during fights (unless they're large or boss battles). =oP

But yeah... I know how you feel with Games and family... good thing for me is that all the kids are at school ATM, and my wife just woke up (almost always sleeps in until 10 or 11...) hehehe... =oP
Thanks for answering. It's not that I don't enjoy a good story...played many FF games in my day as well as action RPG's like Oblivion that take a good while to get into. I used to do a fair amount of console gaming before the kids started getting into sports, etc. I still do sneak in some games on my 360 during lunch breaks or after the wife goes off to bed.

But the majority of my "gaming" is now on the iOS simply because most of the games are the type that you can spend a few minutes here and there playing. Guess that's why my iOS purchases tend to be on the platformer, puzzle, arcade and bullet-hell games. Lunch, work "breaks" and late night are my only real gaming times. (If you notice, most of my posts here are during the day...where I work on a computer).

Anyway, now that I've totally got this thread off track, I'll probably at least keep Alphadia on my wish list (as well as SoE).
Old 10-27-2011, 12:33 PM

not made a comment on these hallowed pages for a long time, so now is as good a time as any to post quick impressions.

not a massive fan of JRPGs but the few ive played (FF series, SoM and zenonia) all fluffed the correct pillow.

dunno why but this morning i looked at this thread, then purchased. gfx are clear and crisp, very well drawn in general. Story is light hearted at times and not a drudge of boring history lessons, fairly quick to skip through the text if you so desire.

combat is what you make it. you can get all tacticle or just let the game auto pilot you through, its your call. as mentioned above, i save the tacticle battles for larger enemies.

all in all, the hour or so i played so far ive really enjoyed.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:06 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default ?

Is there different classes in this game i can choose from or no?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:08 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

nope... each of the characters has different gems that they can equip... these give them powers... so you'll have a fire gem guy, a wind gem guy, ect...
Old 10-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Has anyone played this on an iPod Touch 2G? There's no restrictions listed in the requirements so it'll probably allow me to download it, but in their description it has:

** Compatible devices include: iPhone 3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4S, iPod touch 3G & 4G

Not sure if their use of the word "include" means it won't work on anything else.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:49 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I haven't had a chance to check it out on my wife's 2G... I'll try and check it out by tonight and then let you know..

I'm friggin stuck in the tower, looking for a blue key to go along with my red one... I've been here for about an hour... it's a lot of exploring, finding stairs, jumping down a level or all the way back down to the bottom (never knowing where you're going to land if you haven't jumped down a jumping spot yet) - a LOT of memorization... trial and error, and LOADS of battles.

I'm starting to like this game a little less... hoping the whole game isn't like this.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:06 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

AWP - yes, the game runs on a 2nd GEN. I downloaded, and played the first 10 minutes, without any lag or anything... so you should be good. =o)
Old 10-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thanks synthetic. Downloaded and seems to be running fine. Haven't played much yet but enjoying it so far.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I haven't had a chance to check it out on my wife's 2G... I'll try and check it out by tonight and then let you know..

I'm friggin stuck in the tower, looking for a blue key to go along with my red one... I've been here for about an hour... it's a lot of exploring, finding stairs, jumping down a level or all the way back down to the bottom (never knowing where you're going to land if you haven't jumped down a jumping spot yet) - a LOT of memorization... trial and error, and LOADS of battles.

I'm starting to like this game a little less... hoping the whole game isn't like this.
Well, not that I blame you, but I'm getting a little annoyed myself. I'm obviously not very far into the game, but I'm on the one where you get a ship component and then you're supposed to return to Tessarosa with it. Got the ship part, but can't find Tessarosa anywhere! Even one of the town's people was like "this town isn't that big. You shouldn't have any problem finding him". I AM.

And the destination on my map clearly shows that I'm supposed to be back in town so it's not like I didn't get the first part of the quest done.

Any thoughts? Liking the game, but the random encounters do seem a bit on the high side. That was one thing I did like about Dawn of Magic - the ability to avoid random encounters if you choose to. This is still a much better game overall though.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:03 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I'm trying to remember where he was after that... I want to say it was either down the dock... or in a building...

I think in a building... can't really remember which one... =o/