App description: AppPicker Review:
' Candy Town is a tasty match-3 with a cherry on top. '

AppScore Review:
' Candy Town is a great game for players of all ages. The game has what it takes to become really popular especially with the younger gamers who will like the game for its colourful yet stunning graphics and gameplay. '

AppTudes Review:
' Candy Town is matching sweetness. '
Like a kid monster in a candy shop

* 7/10 on AppaSnap *
*'Buy it!' ranking from thisismyjoystick.com *
* 5/5 on appbite.com *
* 89/100 on Family Friendly Gaming *
* 4/5 on AppPicker *
* 4/5 on AppTudes *
* 8/10 on App-Score *

Take on the role of a cute, cake-munching monster in Candy Town, the match-three game just bursting with sweetness. Match the colored cupcakes as they appear, put together big combos for a ton of points.

SUPER CUTE
Characters dont come much cuter than this greedy little monster; no one is immune to its irresistible charm.

THREE GAME MODESSWEET!
Story Mode has you complete levels of increasing difficulty, in Flash Mode the clock is against you so be quick and score as many points as you can, and in Endless Mode you have all the time in the world, just play for fun!

FAMILY FUN
With its cute visuals and simple, intuitive controls, Candy Town is the perfect game to play with your family. Kids will love the looks and theres enough challenge there for grown-ups too!

CAKE COMBOS
Match more than three cakes at a time for high scoreswhats the highest combo you can put together?

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com

goiMot's comments:

10-26-2011, 07:46 AM
Another match 3 for the App Store?
Gotta love them though. I'm a real sucker for match 3's so I'll be getting this.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106

10-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Game Impressions

Was skeptical about this going on the video, but it's actually a very, very good match game. And yes, it actually feels fresh and offers something new in some subtle ways. Recommended.
10-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Was skeptical about this going on the video, but it's actually a very, very good match game. And yes, it actually feels fresh and offers something new in some subtle ways. Recommended.
Thanks for the heads up; buying now.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Is it kosher to ask what people find appealing about this but not my game with similar mechanics? If not I'll shut my mouth :P
10-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpowers View Post
Is it kosher to ask what people find appealing about this but not my game with similar mechanics? If not I'll shut my mouth :P
I probably wouldn't do it in this thread but I would think general discussions would be a better place for it. From a purely visually stand point more people are going to be attracted to colorful characters and cupcakes than buttons. I am an older gamer and think your game looks fun though.

On topic, I like this game but I am not completely happy with the drawing mechanics. There have been several times on big chains where I get to the last cup cake and then it doesn't register. It would be nice if it locked your line in place as you drew.
10-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
On topic, I like this game but I am not completely happy with the drawing mechanics. There have been several times on big chains where I get to the last cup cake and then it doesn't register. It would be nice if it locked your line in place as you drew.
I noticed that as well, but thought it might be due to me not being familiar enough with the game mechanics. It isn't really explained what the rules are for a line to count; does the speed matter? What about a cupcake disappearing off screen? How well "aligned" do the cupcakes need to be? I'm still not completely certain after a number of playthroughs.
10-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Candy Town

It appears that the cupcakes have to be tangent for at least some pixels and I noticed that you have to be pretty quick especially at higher speeds to get large combos.

Anyway, I really like this, got met hooked.Great spin for a match 3 and great graphics also.

I recommend it .
10-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Yeah found that you have to be really quick to score the big ones. The best combo I made was with 10 or 11 candies while in freeze mode.