iPhone: Pocket God Journey to Uranus: Ep 6 - Decapithon

10-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Pocket God Journey to Uranus: Ep 6 - Decapithon

Hey Guys,

Our new update for PGU has just hit. just in time for Halloween.

Once again, this is our biggest update yet, toward the end of building it, I seriously questioned why we didn't just turn this into a stand alone app. I can't even call it a mini game, it's a full on game and I see a lot of apps on that are not nearly as solid as this one.

so you play a pygmy with an axe that gets teleported to the Zombie Dimension (which looks an awful lot like the the zombie island). You have to try and make your way through the level by cutting the heads off all the zombies you come across. Each zombie takes a different number of hits to decapitate but luckily their heads show their damage level. at first you just see a cut on the front of their heads but eventually you start to see their exposed brain and with the sides of their split head hanging down like a banana peel.

There are 4 different types of Zombies,

Pygmy Zombie, who rips off his arm and throws it at you like a boomerang.

Vampire Bat, who attacks you with a sonic scream.

The Moon Witch, who uses acid spit. Keep an eye out for her in the comic.

Big Booga, who alternately spits his teeth at you machine gun style or summons a magic rain of death consisting of skulls and bones.

We also have health power-up grave stones and hidden ghost extra life power-ups.

There are 8 levels and it's pretty tough. I can get through all 8 levels with 3 lives, but a lot of people have trouble getting past level 3. but you just need to practice jumping around the objects the zombies throw at you. It's really fun once you get the hang of maneuvering around quickly.

For this game we built some new tools to help us do these kinds of games easily. We are using it for our next app and evolving it even more. so hopefully this will open the doors for new stuff coming in the future.

oh yea, and I guess we use blood in this update. It won't happen often but we thought it would be ok because it's just zombie blood..

Youtube link | Pop Up

11-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackboardTest View Post
Could you possibly give a hint on the cartoon?
I'm going to move this to the main pg thread. I didnt realize it was on the pgu thread.
12-20-2011, 10:37 PM
When I open up Pocket God iOS the loading screen has a picture of PGU. It shows a pygmy in space with a santa hat.. Is that going to be part of the new update?
And is Episode 7 going to come out this year?
12-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackboardTest View Post
When I open up Pocket God iOS the loading screen has a picture of PGU. It shows a pygmy in space with a santa hat.. Is that going to be part of the new update?
And is Episode 7 going to come out this year?
no, that's just a christmas version of the original teaser since we didnt have a new update and we didnt want to add the halloween teaser
01-08-2012, 05:18 AM
Any news of what kind of content will be in episode 7?

Night of the living dead? Damn right it is! - John Gore
08-01-2012, 10:03 PM
wow this game had a lot of potential, but now that the creators have forgotten about it there is no hope
08-02-2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aheroislost View Post
wow this game had a lot of potential, but now that the creators have forgotten about it there is no hope
Once the runs are out and the apocalypse is finished they will update this game. i dont like it either, this is my favorite pocket god game, but you have to understand and respect that three games for two men are alot to handle.

08-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aheroislost View Post
It's also based on the economics of the situation, we would love to continue working on PGU but the sales currently don't justify doing the same level of updates that we have been doing. Decapithon is a huge game, it took a long time to build and as a team, we need to start thinking of new games if the rank of our apps are slowly going down.

The only way we could justify a new update for PGU is if we sold it as IAP.
08-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecazz View Post
It's also based on the economics of the situation, we would love to continue working on PGU but the sales currently don't justify doing the same level of updates that we have been doing. Decapithon is a huge game, it took a long time to build and as a team, we need to start thinking of new games if the rank of our apps are slowly going down.

The only way we could justify a new update for PGU is if we sold it as IAP.
Do you mean that JTU will never recieve a free update again?! :O

08-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
Do you mean that JTU will never recieve a free update again?! :O
well, I don't know for sure, but we need to find a way to get our sales up so that means we have to focus on new apps. We will still update the original pocket god for a while. After the runs, we have our next two apps we want to do in our plans.