Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-26-2011, 05:01 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Tiny Token Empires By Bulkypix - iTunes description is not accurate

Note from Mods: The itunes description for this app appears to be deceptive.
BulkyPix lists five campaigns, without stating that additional In-app purchases (IAP) are required to unlock the campaigns and nations. Plus it states that 4 game modes are available, including multi-player, but there appears to be no multiplayer. BulkyPix has been asked to clarify this, but has not responded yet.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Red1; 10-31-2011 at 07:31 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 05:19 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

this looks really interesting. Loving the art style.

I'll wait for impressions before buying
Old 10-26-2011, 05:59 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Gamezebo review (5/5) for the ipad version:
http://www.gamezebo.com/games/tiny-token-empires/review
Old 10-26-2011, 06:10 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
Gamezebo review (5/5) for the ipad version:
http://www.gamezebo.com/games/tiny-token-empires/review
Thanks for this! I didn't know it was on the iPad already. I guess i'll be buying this at 11pm then...
Old 10-26-2011, 06:20 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

[Nevermind]

Last edited by Ayjona; 10-26-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 06:25 PM

Wow 9 dollars for iPad version and 1 for this? That is a big discrepancy.

I mean...SOLD!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:58 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Wow 9 dollars for iPad version and 1 for this? That is a big discrepancy.

I mean...SOLD!
Possibly not. I just discovered the Persian, Greek and Carthaginian armies are sold as IAP, 1 dollar for each. Furthermore, their respective campaigns (plus the campaign for Egyptians, an army playable from the outset, but only in non-campaign mode) are ALSO sold as IAP, for another 1 dollar per campaign.

All in all, 7 additional dollars to unlock all content in the game. The included Roman campaign only contains four missions. Add to this the lack of Game Center support, a slightly sluggish interface, and the peculiar fact that parts of the game are not retinaized, and the deal is suddenly not quite as sweet.

Lastly, I can't find any traces of the "multi" game mode mentioned in the App description.

I'm advising caution on this one, and am glad I only spent one dollar before I discovered the less appealing aspects.

Last edited by Ayjona; 10-26-2011 at 07:08 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Possibly not. I just discovered the Persian, Greek and Carthaginian armies are sold as IAP, 1 dollar for each. Furthermore, their respective campaigns (plus the campaign for Egyptians, an army playable from the outset, but only in non-campaign mode) are ALSO sold as IAP, for another 1 dollar per campaign.

All in all, 7 additional dollars to unlock all content in the game. The included Roman campaign only contains four missions. Add to this the lack of Game Center support, a slightly sluggish interface, and the peculiar fact that parts of the game are not retinaized, and the deal is suddenly not quite as sweet.

Lastly, I can't find any traces of the "multi" game mode mentioned in the App description.

I'm advising caution on this one, and am glad I only spent one dollar before I discovered the less appealing aspects.
Hmm thanks for that information - sheds lots of light on this. I would like to purchase a complete game, not piece by piece.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:30 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post

Bulkypix strikes again. I buy any Match-3 game with an RPG/Story flavour almost by default, but treating this one with bucketloads of caution.

The price discrepancy between the iPhone/iPad versions is plain bad business sense at face value as well, UNLESS it is a calculated ploy to make the iPhone version look more appealing. Which I would not put past them at all.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:09 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Hmm thanks for that information - sheds lots of light on this. I would like to purchase a complete game, not piece by piece.
Yer welcome! I must say that even if all the pieces had been sold as a whole, I doubt I would ever have found the complete game to be worth 8 dollars. With a certain other qualitative (and deep) match-3 RPG classic on sale for just 3 dollars for all chapters, I could hardly justify paying more than that for Tiny Tokens Empires, and even had Tiny Tokens Empires been the only game of this kind, it simply does not seem to bring enough fun to any table of tokens to be worth much at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Bulkypix strikes again. I buy any Match-3 game with an RPG/Story flavour almost by default, but treating this one with bucketloads of caution.

The price discrepancy between the iPhone/iPad versions is plain bad business sense at face value as well, UNLESS it is a calculated ploy to make the iPhone version look more appealing. Which I would not put past them at all.
Yes, I suppose I should have acted with caution when I realized these fellas are the devs of MyBrute, but I was probably high from finally purchasing all three chapters of Puzzle Quest 1 for 3 dollars (Not to mention lured in by the idea of strategy elements, which consists solely of moving troops to a new region, fighting to conquer that region, and then subsequently earning money from the region.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
Key Features:
• Five campaigns – one per nation for over 15 hours of gaming.
• 5 nations, 5 heroes, 25 generals and 50 kinds of units!
• 5 kinds of puzzles to get through battles, digs, events and more.
• 3 difficulty levels that offer a new challenge every time.
• 4 other game modes (solo and multi) to make the fun last even longer!
I'm also thinking BulkyPix is not being entirely honest here. The 1-dollar version does not contain 15 hours of gaming, 5 nations, 5 heroes, 25 generals or 50 kinds of units. Or perhaps I'm being anal (and not in the sexy way), wanting the app description to reflect the features of this particular purchase (unless IAP are mentioned)...

Last edited by Ayjona; 10-26-2011 at 08:12 PM..