★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How Do I Get Joypad To Work?

10-26-2011, 07:28 PM
How Do I Get Joypad To Work?

Okay, I see that joypad is available for various games that I have, so I downloaded it and can't seem to get it to work. I am assuming it works similarly to Mega Jump - where you use one device as the remote, and the other one you play on. I start the game on my ipad, start joypad on my iphone, but nothing seems to happen - whether on wifi or bluetooth. It is possible either one or the other is not working, or truly I have the wrong app. Can anyone give me any instructions on this as I am clueless. I would love to try this feature for some of my favourite games, but need some help, please.

Gamecenter Id: Mr. Grizzly II
10-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Do you have a Macbook or PC? I have a Mac and it's really easy. Just download the Joypad app for idevice and then go to Google and search Joypad for Mac. There should be a site that lets you download the Joypad app for the mac. Launch it up and it will start searching for your device.
10-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Hurray for google alerts! Mr. Grizzly, which games are you trying to play? Unfortunately we didn't start with a standardized connection process and as a result some games require you to connect through a menu item. The majority, though, should connect automatically while you are on the main menu.

Over wifi the connection should happen very quickly (1-3 seconds), over bluetooth it takes a while longer to sync up.

Also, make sure you have the most up-to-date versions of Joypad and the game that supports us.
10-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Joypad is supposed to connect with a PC/Mac and act as a controller if I'm not mistaken. I don't think you can use it as a controller for an iPad game.

Beta Tester for: Zenonia 3, Air Penguin, Illusia, Soccer Superstars 2011, Baseball Superstars II, Chalk n' Talk, Kami Retro, NOM:BYT, Liberty Wings, Proshare.
Currently playing: NHL 2K11, FM2012, FIFA12, GTA3, Adventure Bar Story
10-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgynwa11 View Post
Joypad is supposed to connect with a PC/Mac and act as a controller if I'm not mistaken. I don't think you can use it as a controller for an iPad game.
Haha. I don't know how I missed that part in the post. Yeah, it's for the Mac/PC bro, not iPad. Sorry.
10-27-2011, 01:59 AM
No, it works for ios games too. My problem was a bad wifi connection when I was at a coffee shop earlier. After I got home, I tried it on several games and it worked pretty good (Arcade Jumper, Stardash, Super Drill Panic). Haven't tried it yet on Meganoid, Mos Speedrun or League Of Evil - which it is also supposed to work on.

Gamecenter Id: Mr. Grizzly II