★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[WIP]Ximista the warrior - Iphone game

05-03-2009, 07:38 AM
[WIP]Ximista the warrior - Iphone game

---UPDATE : THE FIRST TEASER IS NOW ONLINE HERE :---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxpzU-5V-2w

Hello, i'm a french developer and i have began a game project named "Ximista the Warrior".
I had a french blog but today i create a english/french blog here :
http://www.spotnik-tv.com/ximista/

"Ximista the Warrior" is an independant old school game using the unity 3D capacities. That's a long time project (6 months-1 year) and you can follow the evolution with weekly videos.

In the blog, i have translate the most recent posts but stay tuned, i want to create a fun game
(sorry for my bad english).

EDIT : ------------>

Last edited by krys64; 09-05-2009 at 04:35 PM.
05-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Your english was perfect

I was watching some of the gameplay videos and it looks wonderful. The animation is really cool, and I love the artwork. Wondering how the controls will work of course but overall it looks cool. Thanks for stopping by, we would've never known about your game .

05-03-2009, 08:42 AM
This looks like a really good platformer and will hopefully have good controls to match it. Parts of your game (spikes, hedgehogs) remind me of Sleepless Knight but your game looks a lot better. I'll be following your blog as you make the game and I can't wait to play it when it goes on the App Store.

Thanks for letting us know about your game it looks great!

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
05-03-2009, 09:01 AM
It looks great! also, your english is great for a second language (I noticed only two very minor mistakes). The game looks good, but I hope you add a little bit more detail in the background and more color variance in the character's face. It seems like the bread and hair blend with the face colors a lot.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
05-03-2009, 09:55 AM
look really cool, keep up the good work :-)
05-04-2009, 06:30 AM
You can see Ximista's origins here:http://www.spotnik-tv.com/ximista/?p=20&lang=en

That's a wow animated serie and i put the different characters in the game .
05-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Sorry if this was said or should somehow be evident in your blog, but how far into the 6 month / year long project are you? It looks great, and I was just curious if we could get any time frame as to when we might see it. By the way, I watched a bit of the cartoon (can't watch too much at work), and it looks quite amusing.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
I had began this project one month ago and i make it with Unity 3D. I am a flash developer and i have find the same philosophy with Unity.
05-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Little update with a new blog template and new features in my project like :

-some sounds
-better monster collsions
-interactive objects

Stay tuned
05-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Finally got to watch the whole cartoon, and that was pretty funny. I hope we're going to see some of that humor in the game.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre