★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PuzzleBox Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 42.4 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "We explore, fight, mine and trade. It's the only way to survive, Galaxix..."

Welcome, Pilot... To the lawless, dog eat dog solar system of Galaxix! - We hope youll survive. Most don't.

If you do, maybe you will rise above the privateers, pirates and corporations intent on stealing what's yours and take it from them instead! - Good luck, you're going to need it.

Trading, ship to ship combat, asteroid mining and a good dose of luck. These are just some of the skills you will need to rise from the ashes of your rust bucket of a space ship, and trade your way through the universe, building up a personal fortune, reputation, and defences while battling the corporations, privateers, sharks, and anyone else trying to take them from you.

As you progress, you can upgrade to better, faster and more reliable ships. Bounty hunting, asteroid mining, or trading anything from water to computers, jewellery to weapons. Kit your ship out with, lasers, homing missiles, particle weapons and shields.

Bask in the glory as you become a dominant force in the galaxy. But be careful, each action you take increases the bounty on your head and there are many who will thrive at a chance to take it all away from you.

Galaxix features a fully open play area. Go where ever you want with 1,000,000 sectors to explore. Fight when you have to, trade when you need to, go asteroid mining if you want to. It's your choice, your destiny and ultimately, your fate.

*NOTE* : If you are having trouble launching Galaxix, close any open apps or restart your device to free up available memory.
10-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Intriguing premise but I've no idea what the gameplay actually entails.

10-27-2011, 08:56 AM
This looks pretty interesting. I might have to give it a try.
10-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Looks Good!

It's looks really interesting...
Is It some kind of Elite style game?
I remember the old days playing Elite !
10-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Well unfortunately I seem to be one of ipad 1 user who can not get the game to work, I guess I have towait for the update to actually play the game. I just hope the update gets approved quickly so I can start playing.
10-27-2011, 06:04 PM
I also cannot get it to launch, it either drops to the springboard or locks solid.

EDIT: Ok I got the Update. Now It gets to entering your name, THEN it drops me to springboard. This is after clearing RAM to about 120K free.

EDIT 2: Turned off the Pad, booted game. BOOM crash to springboard from logo. Cleared Ram again. Crash to Springboard again. Cleared Ram. Entered name, and wow I actually see game play.

Seems to be 3d in a 2d plane, cant go up or down very far. The radar does not seem to show you elevations, but since you cant really get above anyone, I guess its ok. Ok, I tried to take a screen shot, then it tossed me to springboard again.

I think you guys better work on memory optimization, the 1 has half the memory of the 2, and I sure want to try this.
Rixx

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656

Last edited by Rixx; 10-27-2011 at 06:43 PM.
10-27-2011, 07:08 PM
After the update I deleted the app from my ipad first then redownloaded the updated version and have not experienced any crashes yet. I haven't spent a lot of time with it since the update though because I've been playing Zombieville USA 2. I'll report back after spending more time with this game.
10-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
I'll report back after spending more time with this game.
Yes...yes, you will.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Well I had a chance to play this game for a while and I am not impressed at all with the game other then the fact that it was created by one person.

The gameplay is the biggest problem with the game. The controls are too sensitive and jerky for the precision needed to fight off enemy ships. Not to mention the fact that you aren't actually free flying, by this I mean you can't do a flip in your ship. If an enemy ship is too far above or below you, you can't aim at them because you can only point your ship so far down or up before it stops moving in that direction and you can't move at any higher an angle. This leaves you with huge dead zones you can't target with your weapons above and below you.

The rest of the game is rather basic with having the same weapons and ships available at all the space stations I visited. I'm not going to do a review of the rest of the game unless someone requests some more info because I can't recommend this game to anyone as it stands right now. I'm probably just going to delete it off my ipad and stick with GOF2 if I want to play this type of game. Oh well, back zombieville 2.

Last edited by ojtitus; 10-28-2011 at 08:51 AM.
10-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Game Needs a Lot of Work

This game isn't ready for prime-time, unfortunately. The controls are awful and far too sensitive, without any way to make adjustments. Nor can you flip controls for inverse, if that's your preferred method. Game balance is far too difficult from the outset.

But the controls....ooooph, that's the worst part. Really needs a lot of love for the next update. Get that ironed out and you might have something on your hands.