★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: DON"T PANIC! Jelly should be enjoyed and not rushed! Thats the key to success in Jab A Jelly, our brand new physics based action game!

Jab A Jelly is a highly original matching game if you throw out all the rules you know about matching games!

The colourful jumping, jiggling jellies are determined to fight and fidget their way out of becoming your next dessert, and only a keen eye and your best jabbing finger will put them in their place: back on our plates! Yum!

Jab A Jelly: Jellies Get Physical trailer can be seen here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5O8OhNd_Bc

Features:

Universal App: optimised high res graphics for iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad and Retina devices.

All-action physics based fun! Jab those jiggling jellies to pop them, and try to make the purest, strongest jelly you can!

Challenging challenges! Each new level brings with it a new bonus goal and introduces new challenges and toys some good, some bad!

Facebook Integration: Post and compare your individual challenge scores or your overall game scores with any of your Jab A Jelly playing friends on our Facebook Friends Leaderboards.

High Scores: As well as online leaderboards, Jab A Jelly has local high score tables for every challenge level and Overall game scores, so you can challenge your friends on your device as well as online!

Two modes of play: Play through every challenge in a Campaign mode, or simply play any unlocked level via the Challenges menu. Challenges unlock as you complete the previous challenge so you never have to play through the campaign mode to play!
Of course, only by playing campaign mode can you post those huge cumulative overall scores!

Mykyl66's comments:
I am happy to report that our new physics based action game, Jab A Jelly: Jellies Get Physical, is available now on iTunes and App Stores worldwide!

Jab A Jelly is a highly original matching game if you throw out all the rules you know about matching games! The colourful jumping, jiggling jellies are determined to fight and fidget their way out of becoming your next dessert, and only a keen eye and your best jabbing finger will put them in their place: back on our plates! Yum!

A universal release, Jab A Jelly features crisp, colourful optimised high resolution graphics whether youre on an iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad or Retina device.

Jab A Jelly is the perfect coffee break game for jelly loving kids from 9 to 90! (Were obliged to state a lower limit of 9 because asking you to jab expressive cartoon jelly cubes earns us a 9+ rating on the App Store for Infrequent/Mild Cartoon Violence!)

Jab A Jelly lets you post and compare your individual challenge scores or overall game scores with any of your Jab A Jelly playing friends on our Facebook Friends Leaderboards, and has local high score tables for every challenge level and Overall game scores, so you can challenge your friends on your device as well as online!

If you havent seen it yet, do check out our game trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5O8OhNd_Bc
10-28-2011, 05:47 AM

10-31-2011, 08:01 AM
New and Noteworthy in 7 stores and counting. 5 Star worldwide average ratings.

Thanks folks for the ratings.

Weve made a new video showing some of the gameplay progression and features of our brand new game, Jab A Jelly. Enjoy!

Warning: Insanely annoying sound track alert! We take no responsibility for any mental injury you may suffer as a result of viewing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLwTB2FY_o0

Mike
10-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Game Impressions

Here is the 5 star iTunes review I just left:

Slick Tappy Fun!

All you need to do is tap on a cube of jelly that has 5 or more same colored pieces on screen at that moment to remove them and avoid allowing the jar to spill over. You'll get bonus point if you clear groups of the level's targeted jelly flavor as shown up top. If you let a group really pile high so that when you click on a member well more than 5 are cleared you can earn a big bonus multiplier. At the end of the level is Jelly Time in which you are tasked with manually clearing out all jellies not of the targeted flavor (need to tap each one individually) at which point you'll be evaluated on how pure and much targeted jelly you managed to save at the end. As the game progresses you'll be given trickier and trickier goals to obtain as they introduce each of the game's unique mechanics.

I'm still only in the early stages and have yet to see all of the game's wacky twists (like many of those aspects shown in the screenshots) but I like what I've seen so far and love the simplicity of the main mechanic of simply tapping one cube to clear out a bunch of same colored guys adjacent or not!

5/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalia View Post
the best!!!!!!!
May your jelly be pure and strong!

My iTunes Reviews
10-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
May your jelly be pure and strong!
Lol. We may just have to use that.

Mike
10-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykyl66 View Post
Lol. We may just have to use that.

Mike
It came to me after being told how weak my jelly was at the end of so many levels.

My iTunes Reviews
10-31-2011, 06:37 PM
Yup. Sometimes it takes others to spot that kind of thing. Nobody likes weak tasting jelly.

Cheers

Mike