★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Garnet Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 1.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Explodorum is a new and unique bomb blasting logic puzzle game that will relax and twist your mind in equal measure. It's designed especially for iPad with crisp high resolution graphics and full use of the available display.

You'll find Explodorum a fun and gentle relaxation as you play through the tutorial and easy levels, but in later levels the difficulty ramps up to give a clever and deep challenge to test the brains of even the most adept of puzzle game fans.

Explodorum features:

- a brand new logic puzzle mechanic that encourages deep strategic thinking

- 50 levels for many hours of puzzling (will you ever complete them all?!)

- five tiers of difficulty, from the delightfully easy to *Nightmare mode*!

- touch and swipe bombs with your finger to snap them across the screen.

- pass bombs over triggers to activate them, but don't hit too many triggers or the bomb will explode!

- position a fully activated bomb on each target in the level to complete the puzzle.

- crisp and clean graphics and sound design with a simple elegance.

Gently tease your mind with the easy puzzles, then stretch your brain to breaking point in Nightmare tier. Explodorum will keep you addicted and transfixed long after you ought to put the game down as you go for just one more level!

GarnetGames's comments:
Hello there,

Introducing... Explodorum HD, brought to you by the puzzle designer of Puzzle Moppet.

Please give all feedback you can to help improve this and future games!

Edit: Free LITE version is now available!

10-28-2011, 03:50 AM
My game impression

A very well designed&beautifully polished game.
This game is a type of game when your in the mood just to relax and challenge your brain.
If you are a puzzle fan, maybe you will get through this game fast, but believe me, after the tutorial is a much tougher furball to crack.
Played it for nearly one hour and I get lovely surprise how challenge game it is. This game making you think all way along. Good for people to use like" brain training" .

If you like to read this review, here are some suggestions:
1. In order to help us solve the puzzles when stuck, maybe you can give some Hints in game. lol
2. Automatically switches the game music off at start when playing other music on my ipod/iphone
3. Can you add GameCenter?!
4.I really like this game-interface, but if you add other different interface, maybe it will attract more people to buy this game.
5.Add more mode.( I think this is not necessary, but if you do that's ok.)

- Twitter: @awoooooo
- iPhone 5s/ iPad 2/ Touch 2/ iPod nano 1/ iPod classic
- Hockey, iOS, Steam, the city lights at night, expensive coffee, and Netflix: these are a few of my favorite things

10-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the comments Leslie

I'll take all suggestions into consideration, though a lot of whether I make more improvements depends on how successful the game is.. sales haven't been all that good so far, maybe the market for logic puzzles isn't big enough or it just isn't an exciting enough premise!?

Last edited by GarnetGames; 10-28-2011 at 10:54 AM.
10-30-2011, 05:53 AM
Hi, GarnetGames.

I read the description twice, but I still have no real idea how the game plays. Is it something like Sokoban?

10-30-2011, 07:10 AM
Hi Georgina!

It's kind of similar to Sokoban in that its a grid based logic puzzle... if you like Sokoban I would think you would like this The mechanics are a bit different though...

You have to position a bomb on each "target" in a level (there may be several targets + several bombs). But before you position a bomb it must also be "activated" by passing it over "triggers".

It's probably more similar to ice-block type sliding puzzles, since the bombs keep moving until they hit an obstacle.

Check out the help here for another description:

There's currently a Lite version in review, should be available in a week or so (barring Apple finding any problems with it), so maybe you can try that and see if you like it
11-01-2011, 05:42 AM
Ahh, ice-sliding puzzles. I'm not a huge fan, if only because I've played so many over the years, but the bomb/trigger mechanism looks interesting. I'll keep an eye out for the lite.

Thanks, GarnetGames, and cheers.
11-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Ok, the free LITE version is now available!

This includes the first 20 levels of the standard game (first two difficulty tiers), with no ads or restrictions of any kind.

Get it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/explodorum-hd-lite/id476881099?ls=1&mt=8

Enjoy, I hope..
11-04-2011, 06:26 AM

A warning to those who want the universal version.

It is not a real universal version, the game is just the iPhone version.
And you are not even allowed to double-scale the app.

I feel it it's a cheat to call it a universal version and that I wasted my money.

It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
11-04-2011, 07:09 AM
It would have been better if you posted that in the thread for the version in question...

If double scaling is not working, then that's a genuine mistake/bug and I'll *try* to sort it in a future update.

However if you want the full HD graphics on iPad, that's what the HD version is for... (it's kept as a separate version to reduce file size / download times)

I apologise for labelling it "Universal" if you don't consider it such, however from the development perspective (and within the Apple provided developer tools), the definition of "Universal" simply means it will run on all of the platforms.

If the consumer perspective is different then I'll be sure to change my wording in future... (or simply restrict that version to iPhone only)

I have been asking for feedback though, so thanks.
11-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Little update, the issue mentioned by jyhjyh should now be fixed!

The universal version now scales to full screen when running on iPad.