★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (Ubisoft)

11-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Here is some gameplay footage on the ipad (from SlideToPlay):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g5etWTTtrM

I think this will look very small on an iphone/ipod touch screen, if they choose to use the same screen ratios done on the ipad.

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga

Last edited by Marcus70; 11-06-2011 at 10:00 PM.
11-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus70 View Post

I think this will look very small on an iphone/ipod touch screen, if they choose to use the same screen ratios done on the ipad.
That would be a pretty stupid design decision. You have to assume that the iPhone version will have a different layout from the iPad one.

11-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defard View Post
Nearly bought a 3DS just to play this!

Interesting point is that this game is designed by Julian gallop - creator of rebelstar, laser squad and xcom. It doesn't get any better than this ( well until he releases a new version of laser squad anyway),
Julian Gallop you say! I'm in...I still break out the old GBA to play Rebelstar now and again.

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.
11-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Any news on release dates etc?
01-22-2012, 07:19 AM
So any news about this one? Hope it wasn't cannceld..
01-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus70 View Post

Interesting. Not too many games go for the portrait orientation unless the gameplay really demands it.

Bought it for 3DS but never finished it. Will buy again on iPad.
01-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
Interesting. Not too many games go for the portrait orientation unless the gameplay really demands it.

Bought it for 3DS but never finished it. Will buy again on iPad.
Its only gone for portrait to try to emulate the 2 screens on 3ds. I imagine iphone/ipod version wouldnt bother (or hope).

Really want this but its taking too long, might have to drop the cash on dungeon crawlers or time of heroes in the meantime

GC/GLLive:lumothesinner
Recommends: Darkness Rush|Terra Noctis|IB2|Epoch|MC3|Shadowgun|Phoenix HD|Sonic Racing|FT Soccer|Bug Heroes|Spider-man
01-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumothesinner View Post
Its only gone for portrait to try to emulate the 2 screens on 3ds. I imagine iphone/ipod version wouldnt bother (or hope).

Really want this but its taking too long, might have to drop the cash on dungeon crawlers or time of heroes in the meantime
sure hope you are able to recoup that 99 cents from buying time of heroes before this one comes out.... :P
01-25-2012, 06:41 AM
This was known as the best sleeper 3ds game at launch...amazing tactic gameplay ...what would you expect ! One of the great masterminds of XCOM wrote this game....A+ strategy gameplay ...graphics are meh...and storyline is so so ...characters are average and weapons average BUT the gameplay is awesome...wonder how much this will launch for...we have several decent strat/rpg games coming (Cthulhu and dungeon crawlers) so i won't put out too much for this right away since I'm almost done with the 3ds version.. But if u love this genre and don't have the 3ds ....smash the buy button asap

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
01-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Hopefully it has HD textures for the retina display of the new iphone and ipod touches. looks pretty neat, hopefully a release date soon.