Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-06-2013, 05:27 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default SOL:Stone Of Life (by Oddy Arts) - devs of KRPG "Aurum Blade"

Yes. Finally. I am downloading very much this!
That was hard, refreshing the Appstore evey minute since yesterday evening...

Trailer: check the upcoming thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...42#post2813842

Sanuku gameplay video:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Vovin; 05-07-2013 at 04:19 AM..
Old 05-06-2013, 05:43 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post

Yes. Finally. I am downloading very much this!
That was hard, refreshing the Appstore evey minute since yesterday evening...

Trailer: check the upcoming thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...42#post2813842

I'll post Sanuku's usual vid in here later.
Screenshots seem to be in Korean
Edit : English now..

Last edited by DannyTheElite; 05-06-2013 at 06:19 AM..
Old 05-06-2013, 06:01 AM

DLing it now too!

Played for a little while like 5mins each for all the 4 classes. Did not really like the game overall. If this was compared to EpicHearts, u can sense that this is not smooth and polish enough.Also, The character model don't look cute nor stylish. I am also a Zenonia and inotia gamer and it just dont appeal to me.

After an hour using Mage till lvl 8, I decide to delete it. Still don't appeal to me. U guys enjoy playing thn haha.

Last edited by kenken11; 05-06-2013 at 10:00 AM..
Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

First of all, this is a huge improvement compared to Aurum Blade.
Did you hear me? HUGE.

The game has full iPhone 5 retina support and looks fantastic, sharp and crisp on my screen. It's really colourful. Controls are on the spot; the game, no matter if you're just walking or scrolling the whole screen, moves smooth like butter. The controls are also customizable.
I love the idea that the devs have set up both a male and a female character (depending on what you wanna play) and you can choose EACH of the four classes for both of them. The animations are far better than in the most KRPGs. The pace of the game is nice. Not to fast as in a lot of other KRPGs and neither too slow. I would describe it as real-time KRPG...
There are the typical IAPs as in Aurum Blade (which weren't neccessary) and the game gives you free gems every few hours. That's generous. Dunno if there's a paywall, but from my experience with Aurum Blade: I doubt it.
This game reeks quality. You see every change of equipment on your character and even the tiniest piece of equipment looks carefully designed and detailed. The perspective of everything lets this game nearly appear to be isometric 3D, it looks somehow as if it sticks out of the screen. In Aurum Blade, most dungeons looked very similiar. The dungeons in SOL are looking way more organic and they differ in style. A bandit's hideout looks like a bandit's hideout and a lava cavern looks like a lava cavern.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-06-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Old 05-06-2013, 08:03 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Looks good, I will definitely check it out since I had a lot of fun with Aurum Blade.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:07 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Looks good, I will definitely check it out since I had a lot of fun with Aurum Blade.

You're crazy if you don't check it out.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Cheers for the impressions Vovin. Loving it so far
Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
Cheers for the impressions Vovin. Loving it so far
Yea, thanks, mate. Do you confirm?

What I love most is the improved movement, compared to Aurum Blade. It's more like in Crimson Heart now.
In Aurum Blade, depending on the level layout, it was sometimes also difficult to target enemies. But here you have fluid movement and striking / firing in all directions. Very nice and as it should be.
Also cool: skill targetting. Mage Fireball for example. Just have the skill active and tap anywhere on the screen and the mage fires the fireballs exactly at that spot. Enemies approach from different sides. just tap left and right or up / down, and the mage places there fireballs whereever you need them. Why has nobody thought of that before? Makes it very easy to use your skills in a good way. In Aurum Blade, targetting was a bit more difficult.

edit: for all you loot addicts: like in Aurum Blade, the game pours TONS of loot upon your poor head (or inventory). And again, in challenge dungeons you can get really good equipment at every corner.

If it stays like that and no paywall pops up, this will be my GotW. Who needs Thursday anyway?
And I'll drop a few bucks for IAP, of course.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-06-2013 at 08:37 AM..
Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
First of all, this is a huge improvement compared to Aurum Blade.
Did you hear me? HUGE.

The game has full iPhone 5 retina support and looks fantastic, sharp and crisp on my screen. It's really colourful. Controls are on the spot; the game, no matter if you're just walking or scrolling the whole screen, moves smooth like butter. The controls are also customizable.
I love the idea that the devs have set up both a male and a female character (depending on what you wanna play) and you can choose EACH of the four classes for both of them. The animations are far better than in the most KRPGs. The pace of the game is nice. Not to fast as in a lot of other KRPGs and neither too slow. I would describe it as real-time KRPG...
There are the typical IAPs as in Aurum Blade (which weren't neccessary) and the game gives you free gems every few hours. That's generous. Dunno if there's a paywall, but from my experience with Aurum Blade: I doubt it.
This game reeks quality. You see every change of equipment on your character and even the tiniest piece of equipment looks carefully designed and detailed. The perspective of everything lets this game nearly appear to be isometric 3D, it looks somehow as if it sticks out of the screen. In Aurum Blade, most dungeons looked very similiar. The dungeons in SOL are looking way more organic and they differ in style. A bandit's hideout looks like a bandit's hideout and a lava cavern looks like a lava cavern.
An upgrade to Aurum Blade simply is a must-have for me. Thanks for the imps! Getting now!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I was just thinking yesterday as I used "fullforce" to play crimson blade (jailbreaking tweak which makes SOME apps fullscreen on the IP5)
"Man we are due for a decent KARPG on the AppStore in full screen for the iP5"...

AND WALLAH.. The love of iOS gaming!