★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tomb Raider II

10-27-2011, 07:02 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Tomb Raider II

10-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I find it ridiculous that Integrated Chipsets won't work.
Might as well buy the PC version and use Wine...

10-28-2011, 07:00 AM
Anyone know if this works with any controllers other than the three listed? Anyone know if non-controller input is keyboard/mouse or just keyboard? And if key bindings are configurable? My recollection is that the earliest Tomb Raiders were keyboard only. I played all six of Aspyr's Tomb Raider for Mac games, but that was a loooong time ago. I wouldn't mind playing this again for $8, but I have to be sure there's some way to control other than WASD.
10-30-2011, 05:06 PM
There is actually, Thom. Look at this:

* Supports Logitech Precision, Saitek Rumble PS3200, and Gravis Eliminator Gamepad Pro controllers

So you can use a controller.

However, I am looking forward to this myself. May be a purchase for me, if I can remember to do my work before playing!!

I have all the TR games up to Legend (7) but lost interest to finish Anniversary. I think 4, 5 and 6 were my favourite, in contrast to some who think that 1-3 were actually the better ones. I don't mind though. Everyone has their own tastes. I remember playing this on the PS1 and being unable to continue due to a level in Venice where I ended up with no health and stuff and there was a gunman nearby my save!

UPDATE: Just done a bit of the first level. Gotta go to sleep now, but first impressions are that it's very good. It's pretty much exactly the same as the very first version so if you liked that, can't go wrong.

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free

Last edited by LostLegend; 10-30-2011 at 07:48 PM.
11-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I saw the three controllers listed as supported, but I don't have any of those. It turns out my Macally iShockX works with the game, although there's no way to reconfigure the buttons. Also I couldn't quite come to grips with the player-relative movement, as opposed to camera-relative which is more common today. I've ended up preferring to play it just like I did on my PowerBook 10+ years ago -- with keyboard only using arrow keys for moving and the left side of the keyboard for other actions. It's like my fingers still remember, LOL.

The game runs great and looks fine -- old, of course, and low-poly but not pixellated -- on a 24" screen. What a blast from the past. I just finished Venice and am off for some deep sea diving!
11-01-2011, 10:55 PM
What Up, Lala?
11-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom-22 View Post
Yeah, I saw the three controllers listed as supported, but I don't have any of those. It turns out my Macally iShockX works with the game, although there's no way to reconfigure the buttons. Also I couldn't quite come to grips with the player-relative movement, as opposed to camera-relative which is more common today. I've ended up preferring to play it just like I did on my PowerBook 10+ years ago -- with keyboard only using arrow keys for moving and the left side of the keyboard for other actions. It's like my fingers still remember, LOL.

The game runs great and looks fine -- old, of course, and low-poly but not pixellated -- on a 24" screen. What a blast from the past. I just finished Venice and am off for some deep sea diving!
Same! I remember many of the levels too, which is a bit odd considering as I haven't played it for many years. The graphics are very clear, but blocky as they were in the original. If they changed the graphics though, they may end up changing the gameplay too. I'm glad it's the same.

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
01-27-2012, 04:22 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Price drop:
$7.99 -> $4.99
02-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
Price drop:
$7.99 -> $4.99
Great news for us. Specially for those who love to play Tomb Raider like me!