★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Its YOUR town, YOUR choice! Whether you want the hottest hotel or a hole-in-the-wall restaurant, a local business or a landmark half-way across the world, My Town 2 brings it all to your device.

Discover the best location based game of all time and why the New York Times exclaimed My Town turns the real world into Monopoly.

My Town 2 has lots of cool, free features.
Build an awesome town filled with your favorite places from the real world
Popularity matters! Earn cool bonuses by building & checking into everyones favorite places
Make your town unique customize the look of your businesses and add awesome decorative items
Earn rewards for completing quests and mini-missions
Fun and quirky content added frequently

No other game allows you to express yourself quite the same way. Create the city of your dreams filled with that awesome restaurant, clothing store, or cafe that captured our imagination.

We hope you enjoy My Town 2, brought to you by the people behind No Zombies Allowed, My Town Animals, and Early Bird. For any questions, problems or suggestions please email MT2support@booyah.com

Life is a story. Build yours.
11-08-2011, 02:19 AM
MyTown 2 - Booyah! (Early Bird, DJ Rivals, MyTown 1) - FREE

11-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Hi everyone, we released My Town 2 few days ago!

It's a highly polished "real world" city builder from a team that used to work on franchises like World of Warcraft and Diablo. Please give it a try and let us know what you think / how we can improve.
11-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Game Impressions

I've got this

I quite like it, love the Check-In idea, and have a friendly 'boxing glove' match with some unknown stranger down the road.

Graphics are nice, sound ok, overall it's pretty good.

My own criticisms (constructive or not) are:

It 100% needs multiplayer, some method of visiting a friends town (even a rival) but don't code-in the usual monotonous method of clicking and getting money, maybe sell goods from your town to theirs (if I have a bakery, they might want some bread)

Some of the challenges are not so much hard, but a little impractical - for instance I've got one called "Weekend Warrior", I can get the "Nightlife" check ins, but can't get the "Entertainment" check ins because there's no businesses in my area that are categorised as Entertainment.

Same as "Corner the Market", I've no businesses at all at my home or at work that are categorised as "Market" - what are the mechanics for business categorisation?

As much as I don't want another SimCity clone, I would like to see some aspects of it to take away the 'occasional' mundane task of just clicking and collecting.

Can we have some kind of natural disasters?
What about water, rivers, lakes?
What about having friends and building transportation links from one town to another to increase income (and if said friend removes the railroad or road, my income is reduced)?

There's many many more ideas, I think the backbone is there, just needs some enhancements and a few new directions to make it more unique.
11-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks J! I just sent our team your feedback. We have some social mechanics already planned so hope you'll check out our update in the coming weeks.
11-08-2011, 05:41 PM
This is pretty fun but I was wondering if you can reset your progress? I tried reinstalling it but it doesn't work.
11-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm having an issue with the game where one of the Goals isn't being recognized.

Is there a Booyah forum dedicated to My Town 2 technical issues?
11-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Cant check in to entertainment or markets :(

Im also having the same problem as ~J~ with the entertainment and market check ins. There are none in my area. Is there any solution as i can not get any more goals until these are done. Thank you
11-16-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cassidyx3 View Post
Im also having the same problem as ~J~ with the entertainment and market check ins. There are none in my area. Is there any solution as i can not get any more goals until these are done. Thank you
Same Here
11-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lucasbuzek View Post
Same Here
Hi guys,

Thanks for the post! We are actually looking into this ourselves since we've heard some reports around not having specific categories.

Unfortunately MyTown 2 is a real world game so at times it requires players to visit these locations to accomplish goals. The best solution would be taking your iOS device with you when you travel out of town or visit other real world places and checking in there.

We are investigating a way to help mitigate this for our upcoming updates! Thank you.