★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Squirmee REDUX (99c →FREE) - Oct 29 -

10-28-2011, 07:57 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Squirmee REDUX (99c →FREE) - Oct 29 -

10-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Anyone who hasn't gotten this game would be doing themselves a big disservice by not grabbing it now.

Yes, a lot of you may know that it's an extremely difficult game, but the Redux update is a bit more forgiving (if still hard).

Get it now!

10-28-2011, 09:04 PM
I feel like there's something wrong with me, because I actively dislike this game. Even after the redux update. I find no joy at all in playing this.

Sorry devs...you guys seem nice and all.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
10-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
I feel like there's something wrong with me, because I actively dislike this game. Even after the redux update. I find no joy at all in playing this.

Sorry devs...you guys seem nice and all.
That's fine, at least you gave it a shot. Hopefully you'll like our next game better...Zombie Bunnies

Oh and Squirmee REDUX is free now...but only a couple days (at MAX) and then the super REDUX celebration is 100% over and the price is going back up to $1.99.

Learn more about our great games at: http://lavafishstudios.com or on Twitter: @lavafishstudios

Check out our latest action game Zombie Bunnies!
10-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Awesome game! Loving the challenge

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
10-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the freebie.

Twitter: @back2this
10-29-2011, 01:50 AM
It's ridiculous how Lavafish just can't ****ing catch a break with Squirmee. This is one of the best games on the App Store with glowing reviews left and right AND the people behind it aren't willing to give up on their game and support it like ****ing mad. I paid $2 for this and I'm damn proud of that. Seriously, why in the world isn't Squirmee getting the attention it deserves?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-29-2011, 02:29 AM
I remembered reading many of the heartbreaking messages you wrote about the initial sales of this game. I am glad that you are able to persevere and work on this update. I think you are doing a marvelous job in making the decision to retweak many of the game's levels. I think an easier learning curve will give many players a greater chance to learn to appreciate your game.

Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavafish Studios View Post
Oh and Squirmee REDUX is free now...but only a couple days (at MAX) and then the super REDUX celebration is 100% over and the price is going back up to $1.99.
10-29-2011, 09:33 AM
I really don't care that's its free now, I'm proud to have spent my dollar on this near perfect puzzle came. It's just so damn creative and challenging; anybody that doesn't pick this near-perfect game up literally is missing out on something grand.

No idea what AppSpy was smoking when they reviewed this game and only gave it a 3/5. Well, at least the REDUX version deserves a 5/5.
10-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Wow! Thank you everyone for your support

Some games make it, some games don't, we're proud of what we did with Squirmee AND we learned a lot from it.

And we're taking everything we learned from Squirmee (game-wise and marketing-wise) and putting it into Zombie Bunnies (here's its thread).

Squirmee may not have been a success but we really think Zombie Bunnies will be AND maybe with its success it'll help Squirmee get a little more attention

Either way we're here to stay!

Learn more about our great games at: http://lavafishstudios.com or on Twitter: @lavafishstudios

Check out our latest action game Zombie Bunnies!