★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: IT'S ALIVE! - The Monster-Building Game [PROMO CODES]

10-28-2011, 08:16 PM
IT'S ALIVE! - The Monster-Building Game [PROMO CODES]

Just in time for Halloween, Yehuda Berlinger's IT'S ALIVE! - The Monster-Building Card Game for iOS is Now Available on the App Store:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Play mad scientist, competing to be the first to collect all eight body parts and bring your monster to life! Each turn, buy a part, sell it for a meager profit, or offer it for auction. You might be lucky enough to get a coffin, which can be used in place of any body part. But after a while, you're sure to provoke a villager uprising!

Up to five players can compete with pass and play on a single device. Match your wits against four unique AI (computer) opponents. Save and resume single and multiplayer games at any time. Includes an illustrated in-game rules manual, and a horror-themed full orchestral musical score. This Universal App is designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, and supports iOS 3.1.3 through 5.0.

BoardGameGeek.com, the leading site for board game enthusiasts, reviewed IT'S ALIVE! for iOS today, giving it 3 out of 4 Stars and saying "It’s Alive is a perfect game for this season. The gameplay is solid and AI players do offer a bit of a challenge."

To get this Halloween weekend started off right, here are 10 free Promo Codes:
If you use one, please reply below so others know.

Download Now:

If you enjoy the game, as I hope you will, please give it a 4- or 5-star Rating and leave a positive Review on the App Store.

Jeremiah Maher, Developer

Last edited by jmaher; 10-28-2011 at 08:23 PM.
10-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Thank you, took X3EE43EMNNLM

10-28-2011, 08:25 PM

Left a review on the US Appstore.

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
10-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Got HENR9LE476XP. Will leave a review once I tried the game.
10-28-2011, 09:20 PM

thanks a lot!
10-28-2011, 09:39 PM
All codes taken.

Playing: Infinity Blade II, Angry Birds
Favorites: Puzzle Agent, Paladog, Game Dev Story, Lara Croft
Beta Tested: Fara, Monster Trainer, Homerun Battle 2
10-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Already bought to support and I like it a lot!!

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
03-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Game Impressions

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead!

I think I heard of it when it first came out but was probably frightened off by the price or the fact that it didn't appear to track any stats.

Well, all this time later it is now on sale for $0.99 and see since it's previous update, it tracks single player statistics, so how could I pass it up?

Its a very cool auction card game!

The premise of the basic game is simple enough. Race against the other 2-4 players to be the first to build your own Frankenstein's Monster from scrounged body parts.

Gameplay consists of each player taking turns either drawing a new card or scrounging something up from the top of another player's discard pile (their graveyard, and then either buying, selling, or starting an auction for that part. Just to make things a bit risky you'll also have to deal with the occasional peasant uprising which will require you tossing out some cash and or body parts to regain the peace. This continues until one of the player manages to assemble all 8 needed body parts and wins the game.

The thing that sets this apart from yet another wannabe attempt at a monster themed rummy is the whole layer of economics involved. Even when it is your turn and you draw a new card, you still need to pay the card's full value if you want to own it outright. These body parts aren't cheap so besides simply trying to build your monster, you'll need to figure out means to earn money to keep this whole operation funded. This is where the selling and auctions come into play (how you get to sell or conduct an auction for a body part you don't even own is beside the point). Selling a drawn piece is simple enough, simply plunk that newly drawn piece in your discard for half it's stated value rounded down. While not usually a great money making proposal, it at least gives you a little something and keeps it somewhat out of the other players' hands. The second option of auctioning is actually a truly multi-faceted endeavor. You can use this as a means to either buy the piece for yourself well under the piece's stated value (if your 1 bid wins you pay that amount to the bank) OR a neat way to earn some decent cash if another player wins the bid (in which case you receive the winning bid). What makes this so tricky is that if your intent was to sell it for cash and you decide to start the bidding at too high a value and nobody else decides to bid for it, YOU then have to buy it yourself. On the other hand, if the intent was simply to buy the body part at a big discount, you leave yourself open to being outbid by the other players!

So while there is clearly a lot of luck in drawing the right body parts and not being hit by peasant uprisings, there is a lot of skill as well in knowing when to buy, sell, or auction off a piece to get yourself ahead.

While each player's actions are a matter of public record (i.e. you see what card they decide to buy or discard), their total cash and collection of body parts is kept hidden from view. So having a decent memory is handy if you want to know which parts each player has yet to gain in the game or how much cash they probably still have when trying to outbid them.

Lastly their is a more advanced mode that adds some interesting wrinkles. The players in this mode are in a race to have the highest valued collection of body parts. The game ends once one of the player creates a monster, and although the monster's creator gets a bit of a bonus, it is possible for another player with much higher valued body parts, even if their collection is incomplete, to win.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews