★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

payment

05-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Send a message via ICQ to conrem Send a message via MSN to conrem Send a message via Yahoo to conrem Send a message via Skype™ to conrem
payment

Hello to all the developers

How much are you paid and where are you from?

Thanks, hope this is not a problem to answer to such questions
05-04-2009, 01:42 PM
You made Bow Man.

How much did you get paid? You tell us first.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |

05-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Kind of an odd and unprofessional question to ask out in the open, you'll find most people aren't going to share information like this easily.

Are you doing research for something or just wondering how your competitors are fairing?

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
05-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Agree with Dogmeat. It's highly unlikely that people just share their sales numbers publicly on a forum like this one here. Ask in private or do a search on via google. Some folks share their "numbers".

Thomas

Co-creator of The Other Brothers - Level Designer and Technical Artist

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThomasPasieka

The Other Brothers

Last edited by ThomasP; 05-04-2009 at 06:06 PM.
05-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasP View Post
Agree with Dogmeat. It's highly unlikely that people just share their sales numbers publicly on a forum like this one here. Ask in private or do a search on via google. Some folks share their "numbers".

Btw, Dogmeat.. I really dig your game.

Thomas
I though it was CommanderData's game...?

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
05-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Why do older people hide their sales? I'll happily say I make eight dollars an hour at the supermarket..

Btw, I'm not 18 so don't think I live off that, LOL..

Hey, anyone remember me? I used to be the #1 in Pygmies Eaten by T-Rex in PG.

I love to beta test. I've done about 5 or 6 apps. You can PM me if you want, I'm running an 8GB ipod Touch 2nd Generation. 3.1.2 Software also. Thanks.
05-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocked View Post
Why do older people hide their sales? I'll happily say I make eight dollars an hour at the supermarket..

Btw, I'm not 18 so don't think I live off that, LOL..
Plenty of developers show their sales. Ethan Nicholas, developer of iShoot, said sales reached "400,000" and over $800,000 for him last month. Firement just released their financial statement showing off over $500,000 in sales in 3 weeks. Pocket God creators told us $350,000 recently. Brian Greenstone of Pangaea Software enjoys talking about the millions he makes from his games.

Some of it is because of "bragging rights" and other part is to demonstrate what can be made as an iPhone developer.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |

Last edited by Kris Jones; 05-05-2009 at 12:37 AM.
05-05-2009, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jones View Post
Plenty of developers show their sales. Ethan Nicholas, developer of iShoot, said sales reached "400,000" and over $800,000 for him last month. Firement just released their financial statement showing off over $500,000 in sales in 3 weeks. Pocket God creators told us $350,000 recently. Brian Greenstone of Pangaea Software enjoys talking about the millions he makes from his games.

Some of it is because of "bragging rights" and other part is to demonstrate what can be made as an iPhone developer.
Steve Demeter (Trism) shared his numbers for his first two months "250,000" also

Twitter: @Zincous
05-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Send a message via ICQ to conrem Send a message via MSN to conrem Send a message via Yahoo to conrem Send a message via Skype™ to conrem
well, if somebody doesn't want to say - than let them talk about smth different and that's all ))
05-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscal View Post
I though it was CommanderData's game...?
Rogue Touch *is* my game, but Dogmeat's helping to spread the word a bit. Just like Lord Gek did recently. However, something for the rumor mill- Dogmeat is doing some sample artwork for me towards an upcoming game idea for me... No details yet, as it'll be a ways out before I have time to program it but it will be a bit more action oriented. I'll leak more info in the future

Dogmeat, send me an e-mail today when you can

On the topic, you'll likely only find details about the few people on either end of the curve. There are posts about it here and at iPhoneDevSDK. You can find out about Trism, iShoot, and more recently the Flight Control game. These people all have something to be proud of. And then you have the other end of the spectrum (cant remember the poor guy's name/game) where they invested $34,000 in a game idea, and only sold in the hundreds of copies.

Most people aren't willing to talk about this stuff openly.

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!