★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gamebook Adventures: Temple of the Spider God (99c)

10-30-2011, 01:08 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Gamebook Adventures: Temple of the Spider God (99c)

Halloween SALE one day only:

10-30-2011, 01:12 PM
A sale just after release .... They were my fav dev team, first day buy.
If you plan a sale so early, just do a proper sale. Plus a play on iPad, hence I still cannot properly play.

-----
On GC I am FPEX

10-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Personally I really like the devs and really want to support them so I don't mind the price drop but I hope they don't start getting flamed here because of the early sale. I really love gamebooks and want to see them do well so I hope the sale only helps...

It should be said, also, that anyone who has a passing interest NEEDS to download this now--it's just excellent. I love the new interface and ability to resize the text as well, by the way. I hope that stuff comes to the rest of the series.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
10-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the sale! This will be my first gamebook that I will buy.(I never knew that they were even in the appstore until this sale).

If I like it, I'll look at the other ones too

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
10-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Unexpected but welcome nonetheless.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—
10-30-2011, 02:59 PM
If you guys like this one then definitely look into the rest of the series while it's on sale. The whole series is excellent with a really high production level and great interface, better optimized for iPhone/iPod Touch than any other gamebooks and of course is even better on iPad (it's one of the only things that I have seen on iPad so I don't know how it compares to say, Fabled Lands on iPad but it really is incredible how great the series looks and functions on all iOS devices.)

My personal favorites are books 1, 3, and 4, but again, they're all great.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
10-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
If you guys like this one then definitely look into the rest of the series while it's on sale. The whole series is excellent with a really high production level and great interface, better optimized for iPhone/iPod Touch than any other gamebooks and of course is even better on iPad (it's one of the only things that I have seen on iPad so I don't know how it compares to say, Fabled Lands on iPad but it really is incredible how great the series looks and functions on all iOS devices.)

My personal favorites are books 1, 3, and 4, but again, they're all great.
How long does it take to get through one of them? (on average that is)

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
10-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora2 View Post
I finished the second one in about 2 hours i guess so, while not hurrying at all... The first took a little longer.. but i'm not sure at all, because i didn't count it... But the charm of these books are that there are more endings and the story itself always changes whenever you choose a different path.. So you can play through each of them at least 3 times in my opinion..

If you listen to me you won't hestitate to get them all as these books are just awesome!
You don't even need to go from 1 to 7, you can play them in any order as they are not connected, you don't play as the same person in every book...

I played the first two all along and the first one was better than the second, the second one consisted of much more fighting and it was harder overall. I'm stuck at the third one at the moment, but it's at least that fun as the first one, and currently i just started the fourth one, which is just awesome already.. it's story is the most appealing to me so far
I can't say anything about the 5-6-7 ones yet though, but i wouldn't expect anything less from these developers..
I see. I'll try out this one when I get the time and decide on getting the other ones (pretty busy atm, but have an addiction of putting apps onto my iPhone ._.)

It sounds real good though.

10-31-2011, 08:31 AM
I have bought all other numbered gamebook adventures already.. So of course this is a must buy..

Puzzling has Evolved - Get 180
10-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the sale, bought.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!